Kaseya Community

Rename after AFTER installation

This question is answered

Hi, 

we have around a 100 agents installed at our customers. They however still use the name 'Kaseya' and are installed under 'C:\program files\Kaseya\...'

we would now like to change all the names which relate to kaseya, meaning: installation path, service name and names in add and remove programs.

what would be the best solution to do this. we do want to keep the already collected data by the agent in our database.

Thijs

Verified Answer
  • change installation dir.pdf

Ok, I have found a workaround of this problem.

It requires a bit of manual SQL hacking, but it is not overly complex. See the attached PDF for the procedure. 

I have done this at about 10 agents now, without issues, but if you do this, I'm not responsible for currupt databases or lost data ;-)

All Replies
  • You'll probably need to specifiy the installation path with the /P switch at install time. Otherwise, things will be tricky. help.kaseya.com/.../493.htm

Service name can be changed any time without much hassle:

sc config KA<YourID> DisplayName= "Example Name"

Add/Remove Programs can be adjusted in the registry:

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\KA<YourID>\DisplayName

• change installation dir.pdf

Ok, I have found a workaround of this problem.

It requires a bit of manual SQL hacking, but it is not overly complex. See the attached PDF for the procedure. 

I have done this at about 10 agents now, without issues, but if you do this, I'm not responsible for currupt databases or lost data ;-)