Kaseya Community

List of K2 6.2 bugs

• Ok, we've been on K2 6.2 for 2 whole days now and here's a list of bugs we've found.

1. Users must perform a complete browser cache or they are unable to access the majority of the modules, if not you'll get a bunch of Java coding errors.

2. When users login, they are always taken to the system preferences page instead of the last known module location

3. KLC > File Manager, no longer shows hidden / system files.

4. KOB > Status page no longer populates files remaining when backup is running

5. Column Sorting in Service Desk is hit and miss, some users can't sort.

6. KOB > Can't expand folder list next to manage/restore functions.

7. Policy Management > Save As function is broken, it doesn't copy the current settings and places it own set of variables

8. KOB > New completion percentage display doesn't match Remaining Size vs. Total Size.  One will show 25% completed but then also display 6.67gb remaining of 6.67 total.

9. Scope options now is missing Remote Control feature, all the users we had setup for remote access only through our management server are now all broken, no fix yet.

[edited by: mcsnetworks at 8:09 AM (GMT -7) on 9-14-2011] .
  • 10. Informational window regarding database indexing comes up almost every time you login as an administrator even if you say "Remind me next time I visit this page in NEVER"

• mcsnetworks

1. Users must perform a complete browser cache or they are unable to access the majority of the modules, if not you'll get a bunch of Java coding errors.

This is quite common with web-based software.  Kaseya's programmers can get around this issue by versioning their JavaScript, CSS and images and by using appropriate Last-Modified headers.  This infrastructure is relatively easy to set up in new applications but it can be a real beast to impliment in established systems.

An alternative approach is to simply expire all of the content served by the VSA.  While this will get around the caching issue but will dramatically increase bandwidth consumption between the VSA and the client's browser.

mcsnetworks

10. Informational window regarding database indexing comes up almost every time you login as an administrator even if you say "Remind me next time I visit this page in NEVER"

I can see how that would be annoying but you should considering finding time to run the script.  Kaseya's database has terrible performance issues and adding the primary key and four indexes to the software audit table is only going to help things.  Frankly, I was a little surprised that this wasn't done as part of the upgrade process to v6.2.

• mcsnetworks

9. Scope options now is missing Remote Control feature, all the users we had setup for remote access only through our management server are now all broken, no fix yet.

I believe I had run intothe same issue you are speaking of.  Are you referring to the "user roles"?  If so, you need to switch the role from "End User" to "VSA Admin"  This threw me off for a few days until support clarified.  Here is their response:

ksupport

9:37:45 am 08/30/2011
    It is true, that the "Basic End User" role type definition has changed.  The exposure of the major modules is no longer available.  Only Quickview, and a few of the addons, remain in the definition of the Role Type.

The "End User" was intended to be license free access for the MSP's customers to access the system, specifically Service Desk.  Open access for all the modules  was actually a bug in versions prior to 6.2.

To correct this issue, simply change the role type for each role using it from "End User" to "Basic VSA Admin".  Of course, this may cause licensing issues, because the "End User" role type did not count against licenses, but "Basic VSA Admin" does.

• We have the same issues with the column sorting in service desk.  None of our users can sort anymore in tickets, knowledge base or the search all interface.  anyone find any resolution on this?

• One more issue to add to the list is the inability to add/save "Event Log Alerts"

• Hi Nedgeworth,

This is something that Kaseya has just fixed for us. Ticket# is CS070238

Log a ticket with Kaseya and ask them to refer to that ticket number. The fix worked for us immediately and didn't require any restart/downtime/hotfix install.

• Thanks for the heads up Luke. I've lodged a Ticket this morning and had the following response.

"With regards to the issue itself, our developers are aware of this and working on a fix, scheduled for 21 or 22 Sept."

Also they have come back with a temporary fix for me which I'm about to test out. Fingers crossed it works, otherwise I'll mention your ticket number and see where that gets me!

• License Manager is completely wrong.  My Backup Workstations Licenses used was at 20, now it is -229, servers are supposed to be 246 and now they say 495.  My KES licenses are also about 550 short of where they are supposed to be.

Another fun one was for the first 30 minutes or so we were listed as running "Evaluation Edition"

• Has anyone else had an issue with Scheduled Patch Scans not executing? I have scans that occur everyday of the week in the afternoon, and 80% of my devices are showing they have not executed the scans from yesterday. I have tried to figure out why the other 20% have run the scans so I can replicate their setup, but the only thing I find is the devices are not connected to each of the clients' LANs. (meaning they are mobile workers).

Update 9/16/11

My patch issues seem to have corrected themselves after the pending hotfixes were implemented this morning. I don't think that any of the hotfixes had anything to do with this after reading the descriptions, but I think the schema rebuild did it. Although, when I go to the Patch Status and test the connection, it does not launch a VERCRED job on the device, and just continues to say Pending no matter how long I allow the test to run. I can do a Credential test via the Agent menu and it passes just fine. 

[edited by: jchamness at 7:02 AM (GMT -7) on 9-16-2011] Update 9/16/11 My patch issues seem to have corrected themselves after the pending hotfixes were implemented this morning. I don't think that any of the hotfixes had anything to do with this after reading the descriptions, but I think the schema rebuild did it. Although, when I go to the Patch Status and test the connection, it does not launch a VERCRED job on the device, and just continues to say Pending no matter how long I allow the test to run. I can do a Credential test via the Agent menu and it passes just fine.
  • mcsnetworks

3. KLC > File Manager, no longer shows hidden / system files.

I had a ticket in for this as well. Just got a response on it.

"There should be a new menu option available when right clicking on the root of the file system to show hidden files. This was added in 6.2 and is off by default since that is the default in the OS."

• "There should be a new menu option available when right clicking on the root of the file system to show hidden files. This was added in 6.2 and is off by default since that is the default in the OS."

Yeesh... alright, everybody... put down your forks and hide your chopsticks... you might hurt yourself!

Kaseya: We're all professionals here, and though we respect that this behavior is the OS default, please keep in mind that 95% of us actually change this to "Show hidden files & folders" and "Show protected operating system files" as a matter of course once a new machine arrives.  Can you reverse this decision and make it such that hidden/system/protected files are shown by default?  Thanks!  Wink

• Here's a new one I just noticed today. When I try to launch Live Connect from the KAV tab, the LC window opens, but never connects. I get the updating plugins message each time, but nothing ever happens. However, if I go to the Agent tab and launch LC for the same machine, it connects.Confused

• I've noticed that behavior in a lot of places. Sometimes just reloading the browser page will allow it to launch live connect normally. I don't know why it does that, the plugins are already installeld and the pop-up never actually loads the plugins. Did you submit this as a bug yet?

• here are the issue which I am facing:

1. Mini KLC whould show blank page rather show below error screen.

2. All email alerts stopped coming from Kaseya since I upgraded. This is horrible situation as I have to monitor backup/offline/KAV/KES/Monitors for over 1200 machines.

Ticket is opened but waiting for someone to respond with a fix.

[edited by: Rajeev Sharma at 7:17 AM (GMT -7) on 9-26-2011] image insert