I just did our server this evening from 6.1 to 6.2. Everything went well except now, the Live Connect screen does not work. It loads the necessary plug-ins but then bombs out at Task Manager with an OK box (which, of course does nothing). The only option is to close the browser page. Browser is IE 8.0.7016.
I have already tried to re-apply the schema, etc.
I need to get this working before the AM tomorrow. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Is there any other text on the "OK box" and do you click anything before it is displayed?
Yes it reads "Connect Failed." The only option is to click OK, then close the browser window.
Try the following:
1. Close IE.
2. Delete the contents of C:\Users\<logged in user name>\AppData\Roaming\Kaseya\PluginManager\IE.
3. Restart IE and the plugin manager should re-download the plugins it needs.
No go. Same problem. Kaseya is digging deep on this one.
Hi Pete. Would recommend the following
1) Log a ticket immediately with Kaseya (if not already done)
2) Re-apply the schema and hotfixes (to do this go to the Start Menu on your Kaseya box and look under the Kaseya folder).
3) If that fails to work try using a different browser (we have a ticket with Kaseya at the moment where certain functions of 6.2 fault or completely don't work with IE/Firefox and have had to use Chrome in the meantime).
4) Try clearing your cache from your browser or even resetting your browser all together.
5) There is a script on the forum that will deploy Live Connect to the end machine so that you don't have to wait for it to load. I know it defies the point of the new feature in 6.2 but it may work for you.
Hope that helps.
I have a similar situation. When we updated to 6.2 we had problems with live connect running terribly slow. We ran the deploy live connect agent procedure, seems that this may have increased it a little but to a point that's not noticeable. I get "updating components" and I get "installing live connect" for every agent I connect to.
Is this intended?
There may be a script to "execute" the Deploy Live Connect script... but if you don't have that script it doesn't do much good. I'd love to find that system script!