Kaseya Community

Office 2010 install over the network

This question is not answered

Not sure where my earlier post went, probably fat-fingered it when posting, but I have an Office 2010 Standard install that I am trying to install over the network via Kaseya.  The idea is to do the install without having to first copy files to each computer.

I created a MSP file using the Microsoft Office Customization Tool (very useful btw) and have been attempting to start the install from a kaseya script calling the setup exe.  This should make the scripting minimal.  What I have at this point is an impersonation then a command line to call the install "\\ourserver\Office2010\setup.exe /adminfile \\ourserver\Office2010\updates\1-office2k10Silent.msp".  When I run the script nothing appears to happen.  If I click on the computer's 'blue circle" and go to the command shell and enter the command I get "Access Denied".

If I VNC into the computer and run this command directly it works.  Does anyone have an idea on how to get this working?

BTW, I have tried various impersonations, my account which is an admin account, the kaseya account into the machine, and even the local Administrator account (which I didn't expect to work).  It seems like a permissions issue but the accounts used for impersonations are good.

Below is the script:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<ScriptExport xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns="http://www.kaseya.com/vsa/2008/12/Scripting">
  <Procedure name="Office 2010 32bit - Install" treePres="3" id="469763775">
    <Body description="">
      <Statement description="Set the login credentials to execute a file or shell command as this user - Windows 2000 and above only." name="ImpersonateUser" continueOnFail="false" osType="NT4|2000|XP|2003|Vista|2008">
        <Parameter xsi:type="StringParameter" name="UserName" value="svcKaseya" />
        <Parameter xsi:type="StringParameter" name="Password" value="CoveredPwd::3639734E5807XF3E31" />
        <Parameter xsi:type="StringParameter" name="Domain" value="ourdomain" />
      </Statement>
      <Statement description="Execute the given command as if it were typed in at a command prompt." name="ExecuteShellCommand" continueOnFail="false" osType="NT4|2000|XP|2003|Vista|2008">
        <Parameter xsi:type="StringParameter" name="Command" value="\\ourserver\Office2010\setup.exe /adminfile \\ourserver\Office2010\updates\1-office2k10Silent.msp" />
        <Parameter xsi:type="EnumParameter" name="ExecuteAccount" value="System" />
        <Parameter xsi:type="BooleanParameter" name="Is64Bit" value="False" />
      </Statement>
    </Body>
  </Procedure>
</ScriptExport>

[edited by: Jimbo at 8:38 AM (GMT -7) on 9-12-2011] Updated Tags
All Replies
  • Hi

if you do command prompt via live connect that will be running as system user so will not have access to the network share.

I had a problem doing this and after ages of testing and playing around I simply recreated my MSP file to a different name and then ran it without issue.

Can you log into the machine and open a command prompt as that impersonated user (Run As) can you run the setup.exe with the /adminfile then

If you take the /adminfile out of the command and run it does setup.exe start up on the machine.

Also have you tried Execute file and then put in parameters