Kaseya Community

Linux Agent installation problems

This question is answered

Hi All,

I am trying to install the Linux agent on a Xenserver machine ( XenServer release 5.6.100-39215p (xenenterprise)).  Not having access to a web browser on the machine, I made a linux only installer, downloaded it to my desktop, and copied the contents of it and pasted it in a putty session onto the Xenserver.

I created a directory called kaseya and created the file KcsSetup.sh and pasted the contents of the downloaded file, and as I am logged in as root, I then type in sh KcsSetup.sh to which I get the following error message:

[root@XXXXX-xensvr-02 kaseya]# sh KcsSetup.sh
tail: cannot open `25325' for reading: No such file or directory
tail: cannot open `50366' for reading: No such file or directory
tail: cannot open `75359' for reading: No such file or directory
Fatal:          Failure extracting embedded components. Could not find 2nd extraction point.

As I am sure you can tell, this is my first attempt at a Linux Kaseya agent install.  I would appreciate anything you veterans could offer up for help.

Thanks!

Verified Answer
  • As an update, I opened the KcsSetup.sh file and realized there were encoded files attached, so obviously cutting and pasting the script wasnt doing to work, so I fired up a sftp server and copied it into the server that way, and Viola! the magic.  Thanks for all, I will leave this post here in case it helps others.

All Replies
  • As an update, I opened the KcsSetup.sh file and realized there were encoded files attached, so obviously cutting and pasting the script wasnt doing to work, so I fired up a sftp server and copied it into the server that way, and Viola! the magic.  Thanks for all, I will leave this post here in case it helps others.

• First off, you're running on an unsupported version of Linux. The KcsSetup.sh script uses tail with the -n option to extract several files

appended to the script. Does Xenserver Linux support tail -n? That could be the problem. You might try running "KcsSetup.sh -V -D"

which will give more information.

If that doesn't help then try "KcsSetup.sh -x". Look specifically at the tail calls and see if they look like they've got the right parameters.

Gordon - Linux Agent Development Team