Kaseya Community

I want to build an Agent template that will create a pre-defined "Administrator" account upon installation

This question is answered
Verified Answer
  • Morning, Scott.

1: Create or choose your template and get it in view through your machine groups filter at the top.

2: Select the Remote Control module, and choose the "Reset Password" item.

3: Add the credentials that you want to create, to the template, selecting "As Administrator" check box.

4: Apply to template.

5: Apply the template to the setup package using the "Copy Settings" bit in the setup package wizard.

6: Profit!

All Replies
  • I knew how to do this in K v5.1 but cannot for the life of me find it in K2... did they remove this option?? Any help would be greatly appreciated thank you in advance

• Remote Control > Reset Password will let you create a new local Administrator account. You can also schedule this on the template so it will run at agent install.

If you forgot how to make templates, go to Agent > Create and then make sure the agent package you're using is copying settings from it.

• The scripting in 6.1 allows you to make an admin user account ... just script it and have it run when the agent template applies based upon the download and install and VOILA!

• Morning, Scott.

1: Create or choose your template and get it in view through your machine groups filter at the top.

2: Select the Remote Control module, and choose the "Reset Password" item.

3: Add the credentials that you want to create, to the template, selecting "As Administrator" check box.

4: Apply to template.

5: Apply the template to the setup package using the "Copy Settings" bit in the setup package wizard.

6: Profit!