Kaseya Community

Custom Agent deployment

This question is answered

Good day

I would like to know if it is possible to do a customized agent deployment with, for example, the following customizations, and that I mean by this is, is it possible to do this once off without having to run registry scripts after the agent has been installed:

• Have the agent service renamed from Kaseya Agent to something else
  • Have the add/remove entry display a different name
  • When hovering your mouse over the agent icon, to not display the server info but alternative text

So I am hoping that it is possible to do this with the initial deployment of an agent. If not, is the only option to do all the registry procedures etc after the agent is rolled out? Also, if you add all these procedures to a template, is here a specific order in which you can apply them?

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards

Johan

Verified Answer
  • You would have to do this with a script - the easy option would be do it all in one script and then just apply that to the template makes no odds when it runs as it is all inside the script itself.

The hovering your mouse bit I am not sure off - not sure where you would change that but the others is all registry.

All Replies
  • You would have to do this with a script - the easy option would be do it all in one script and then just apply that to the template makes no odds when it runs as it is all inside the script itself.

The hovering your mouse bit I am not sure off - not sure where you would change that but the others is all registry.

• Why not have a script?  They work.  You can kludge something together, I'm sure, but you won't have it working as it should, and could be overwritten if there's any agent updates.

Create a template, apply your scripts to the agent template, create the new agent applied against this template, and you're set.  I've had it working reliably for us for some time now - no KPM policies, just a simple series of settings to apply against a template / procedures to run on the template.

• Thanks a bunch mmartin and tkindree. I will do that, do some tests etc. Much appreciated