Kaseya Community

Server and workstation agents

This question is not answered

I am going to be creating new templates/agents for a new company.  What do I need to have in each agaent/template.  Also can I disable VNC from installing?

Thanks in advance.

All Replies
  • Hi,

I have two types of agents. One is a basic-agent, that has the standard features  I use for ALL computers (laptops, desktops, servers, remote computers etc.). I then have an agent-template for each customer, that is pre-scheduled with any recurring agent procedures, patch scans, automatic updates, reboot actions, credentials, audits etc. that are set to happen at specific times for each customer.

This seems to work really well for me, it also allows me to easily distribute the load on our Kserver, as we look after over 2500 agents.

When you create a template agent, you can go into Live Connect by clicking on the icon to the left of the template name. If it hasn't checked into a computer it will look like an orange square. Once you have opened Live Connect, select the Agent Data tab on the left. In the main window will be a list of the pending procedures that will automatically run on the computer when it installs the agent. If this will always be a template agent, then you can go through and remove/add whatever procedures/scans/audits etc. that you like here. For me, I have a procedure called 'vncinstall' that I could just cancel on a clients unique agent-template, if I didn't want it to install on a workstation for a particular client, but I wanted it for all the rest.

Hope this helped :)