Kaseya Community

Help with UltraVNC Script please

• I want to remove ultravnc silently but using  this step as a execute shell command - "c:\program files\ultravnc\unins000.exe" /S    I have created the script but when I run it, it pops up for the user to say yes or no. I would like to make it a silent uninstall.

• Try;

"c:\program files\ultravnc\unins000.exe" /SILENT /NORESTART

or

"c:\program files\ultravnc\unins000.exe" /VERYSILENT /NORESTART

Note that if you just use the /SILENT switch it will ask you to reboot after the uninstall completes so if the top two options don't work you might have to live with the reboot request or if you have some AutoIT skills you can automate the response Smile

• here is another set of switches to try;

/SILENT /NORESTART /SUPPRESSMSGBOXES

• Hey,

Thanks.  No reboot needed.  However a box came up saying it was uninstalling, it's didn't ask me for permission this time which is good.  Anyway I can make the status box of it uninstalling go away?

• If you run it as another user (local or domain admin) then the one currently logged in and you use "Execute Command Shell" instead of "Execute file" it might get rid of the status box for you. Just remember if you use the "Execute Command Shell" to use if statements for 32 and 64 bit platforms and tick the 64bit check box for the 64bit's "Execute Command Shell"

• trying to learn this, anyway u could post the script on here with the 64 bit included?

• Big Smile I don't have a UltraVNC uninstall script (haven't needed to uninstall UltraVNC yet) just using my "Kaseya Supreme Master" scripting powers to take an educated guess of what you need, anyways its pretty simple;

Step 1

Create an IF statement and select "OS 32 or 64 Bit Check" and configure it for 32-Bit Windows, put a "Execute Shell Command" step under the IF statement and put your uninstall command in it.

Step 2

Duplicate Step 1 and configure the "OS 32 or 64 Bit Check"  for 64-Bit Windows and tick the check box "Executes the command in 64-bit command shell" for the "Execute Shell Command" step.