Kaseya Community

Service alarms for wuauserv

This question is answered

I have a question regarding alarms for wuauserv.

We have assign monitor sets for this service on two servers and getting alarms from one every after 12hour, found disabled on that but on other server its enabled and started.

If we have disabled the windows auto update form patch management then will it disable the service on the server.?

we disabled the Windows auto update (patch management) for both the servers but on one server Automatic service is running and on other its disabled and hence getting alarms.

Can we enable and start the service as it will prevent the alarms.

Thank you.

Verified Answer
  • I disable Windows Auto Updates via Kaseya on the majority of my systems and the wuauserv service still runs, I'm not sure if you could install updates without this service actually running. Also if you monitor the service wuauserv using Kaseya's service monitoring you can configure it restart the service if it stops for any reason.

All Replies
  • I disable Windows Auto Updates via Kaseya on the majority of my systems and the wuauserv service still runs, I'm not sure if you could install updates without this service actually running. Also if you monitor the service wuauserv using Kaseya's service monitoring you can configure it restart the service if it stops for any reason.

• Thanks for your reply, I will enable the service on the server.