Kaseya Community

Question about icon in system tray

• We are still using K5.1 and testing 6.1. In 5.1, when you hover over the agent icon in the system tray, it displays the "about agent" info and the agent/pc name. With 6.1, it also displays the check-in URL for the K server. Is there a way to disable showing that URL?

Thanks,

Rich

• Yes. Under "Agent" - "Agent Menu" there's an checkbox to remove the URL.

• Is that a K2 6.1 option?  Don't see it in 6.0.

• Yes. It's in K2 6.1.

• I see the option to remove the custom URL from the menu when you right click on the icon, but I'm not seeing anything to remove the check-in URL when you hover the mouse over the icon.

• Hmmm. Strange. I'm not seeing a "check-in" URL on my agent - just the agent/pc name. I'm using a locally installed instance of K2-6.2 Server.

• Agent> Configure Agents > Agent Menu > Set Account "Specify account info and IP address to connect to KServer"

• That's where I am looking, Agent-->Configure Agents-->Agent Menu.

Each of those check boxes configures what you can see on the menu if you right click on the agent icon.  The only one that I see that changes anything in the text when you hover over the icon is the text box next to "About Agent".

What I see when I hover over is:

MyMSP name (whatever you have in the text box next to "About Agent")

computername.machinegroup.org

server address (which seems to be the primary check-in address)

We are using agent version 6.1.0.0, server version 6.1.0.0, Level 19076

I thought maybe it was because we have 2 agents on, 5.1 and 6.1. I thought it might be displaying that so you knew which agent you were looking at, so I removed both agents from a machine and re-installed just 6.1. I'm still seeing the same thing.

I realize in the scheme of things this is a minor issue, but I don't really want to display my server URL to hundreds of end users.

• I just noticed something really odd.    It looks like none of the Agent Menu customization works on Windows 7.   It  looks right in XP, but if I right-click the icon on a Windows 7 x64 system, all I get is Kaseya stuff.  

This is with Agent 6.1.0.0

/kenw

• I'm running Windows 7 x64 and it works fine for me.  In fact, I have 4 K2 agents on my machine and they're all customized.

-Max

• Ken Wallewein

I just noticed something really odd.    It looks like none of the Agent Menu customization works on Windows 7.   It  looks right in XP, but if I right-click the icon on a Windows 7 x64 system, all I get is Kaseya stuff.  

This is with Agent 6.1.0.0

/kenw

Ken, do you have any errors for your kserver updates? it sounds like you're missing something in the files for kserver some where. I'm also running win 7 and have 2 different agents on it and both are working just fine. Not as many as Max, but I think he's just showing off  :D

I do see my vsa url on the pop-up window though and have no clue how to exclude that. 

• Hey, it's not showing off if you can back it up Cool

#1 is my personal Server

#2 is Kaseya demo server

#3 is Internal Kaseya support (you'll notice it's a dogfood bowl as we here at Kaseya eat our own dogfood and support our machines through Kaseya Smile)

#4 is Hosted Kaseya

And for good measure I also have the Green Kaseya Kaspersky K

I use to also have a v5.1 agent but it started to get a little silly...