Kaseya Community

Agent installs and then idles, because date and year is set to 2070

This question is answered

I've been doing my first new agent installs since Kserver was updated to 6.1.

Now I get a strange problem with these new agent, all of them on Win2008 R2 Ent x64:

Agent Log reports that the local client time is 1-Jan-70  00:01:00

Therefore, no procedures will run. No baseline audit, no patch scans, nothing.

I let the agents accumulate for about 24hrs. When I checked again the CPU on all four servers (all new clean 2008 R2 boxes) had CPU at 100% because of AgentMon.exe.

Can these two problems be related to each other, and foremost - how do I get rid of them?

All of the new servers are running on VMware vSphere 4.1 if that matters..

Regards,

Nicklas

Verified Answer
  • I think something went wrong in your agent install. When you install a new agent, the Kserver set all times to things to a default time, which in my opinion would be 1-Jan-1970 (not 2070).

• After uninstalling all agent, and deleting c:\kworking and program files\kaseya folder, then installing agents again the problems solved itself.

Thanks for your time Tjibbe.

All Replies
  • I think something went wrong in your agent install. When you install a new agent, the Kserver set all times to things to a default time, which in my opinion would be 1-Jan-1970 (not 2070).

• After uninstalling all agent, and deleting c:\kworking and program files\kaseya folder, then installing agents again the problems solved itself.

Thanks for your time Tjibbe.