Kaseya Community

Workstations as "servers"

This question is answered

I have views for servers and for workstations.  I have set the members of the servers view manually so the machines that have XP installed but function as servers are shown under that list.  The problem is that my workstations view is set as OS type All Workstations.  How can I make the handful of XP machines not show up under that view.  I don't see an option for exceptions.

Thanks,

Verified Answer
  • Edit your view, go down to "Advanced agent data filter"  and click define. You can then set specify machine ID, etc. To not show a machine in the view you would enter "NOT workstation.group" and apply.

However, the way we do this is patch groups. I have a patch group that we do not manage that has all servers and pseudo servers (workstations acting as a server) added. You can then create a view that shows all members of the patch group. I think this is more efficient.

All Replies
  • Edit your view, go down to "Advanced agent data filter"  and click define. You can then set specify machine ID, etc. To not show a machine in the view you would enter "NOT workstation.group" and apply.

However, the way we do this is patch groups. I have a patch group that we do not manage that has all servers and pseudo servers (workstations acting as a server) added. You can then create a view that shows all members of the patch group. I think this is more efficient.

• Thanks I got it to work using the method that I asked for.

I liked your recommendation better.  It works well if you have just one server patch group but if you have multiple I didn't see a way that you could get it to hide more than one policy.

• We have 4 patch groups. 2 are managed and contain both workstations and servers. Our 3rd group is the server/pseudo server and 4th is not patches. My view shows all machines in the server/pseudo server patch group only, not hiding any of the groups.