Kaseya Community

Linux Agent

• I know there are a bunch of threads on the Linux agent regarding a variety of Linux distributions.   Most of them are stagnent, and none are from too long ago (as the agent isn't that old). 

I am ready to put in some work to get it going, but would like to poll all of you guys to see who had success and on what distributions.  This may give me a direction to get it working in my environment. 

I know at least a few of you have had success; would you mind briefly sharing your experience and on what platform(s)?

Thanks guys,
    Chris C.

• I have installed the agent on Ubuntu 9 and 10 with no issues EXCEPT remote control not working. I am hoping it will work when k6.1 is installed probably next week.

• JonJohnston

I have installed the agent on Ubuntu 9 and 10 with no issues EXCEPT remote control not working. I am hoping it will work when k6.1 is installed probably next week.

Awesome, thanks for sharing.

I noticed that the documentation said to use KcsSetup.bin, but my agent got created as a shell script (KcsSetup.sh).   Which was yours?   Do you mind sharing your Kaseya version?

Regards,
    Chris C.

• I've got one linux agent deployed through our organization.  Its running on a Slackware 12 vm in VMWare Workstation.  So far I can tell you it works; audits and stuff seem to run fine and collect lots of data.  I haven't tried to run an agent procedure yet.

• I installed the Linux agent when it was first available on 6.0. It was a .bin file.

• Does anybody know when they started using an .sh file with the bin embedded?   I was looking at the script and it looks like it is just used to deal with input parameters and enviornment variables and then extracts and executes the embedded binary.  

When was this changed?  6.1?

Is there any way I could get a copy of the 6.0 bin file so that I can test to see if I can get it working with my own shell script?  I think it may be easier for my purposes....

Regards,

Chris C.

• I've got a Linux agent running in Ubuntu 10.10, all features working straight off the bat.