Kaseya Community

My Agent will not register with the Kserver....Kserver not responding

This question is answered

I just reinstalled my agent using a package that I just tested on another machine and it worked fine. Now when I double-click my icon to go to my support portal I see the following message. 

"This Agent must register with the KServer to get a valid username and password before you can use this feature to contact your administrator" 

Here's what I have checked so far: 

1.) Checked "Set Account" and verified that I have the correct server address and Machine.Group ID

2.) Verified that the Kaseya Agent service is running and I even tried to restart it. 

3.) Tried to Telnet <server address> 5721 and I got a blank cursor which according to troubleshooting guides is good. 

4.) Verified that the check-in policy had automatic account creation enabled for the group that my agent belongs too. 

5.) I have the latest version of the Agent and I have confirmed that several other agents are connected and talking to the kserver properly. 

It's just my machine and other machines that I test the deploy package on now that do not check-in with the server. I don't think its the package that's causing the issue because I was working with a technician from Kaseya when we created the package.

What else could it be?? Please help! Thank you!

Verified Answer
  • Do you have another computer in the same network that does checkin? If not could you move it to a network where other agents are able to talk to the kserver?

Also I have found that some AV's with built in Firewall in some rare occasions will block the agent from talking to the server but allows you to telnet. the easiest way to find out is to just uninstall the AV, just make sure you have everything you need to put it back on.

All Replies
  • What version of SQL are you on.  There was a bug in SQL 2005 SP2 so make sure you're full patched on SQL.  Are you running any type of AV, if so exclude your Kaseya directory.  Do you have a personal firewall (ie. ZoneAlarm)?  Dumb question - are you over your license limit?

• Hey Max, thanks for posting to answer your questions.

1.) Our Kaseya server is on SGL 2005 SP3

2.) We are running AV on the server and on my workstation but I don't know if that's the issue since my agent was working before reinstalling it.

3.) I am only using Windows Firewall and it has exceptions for the Kaseya program and a specific exception setup for port 5721

4.) We are not over the license limit.

Thank you!

• Ok, next questions.  

Is your agent grey or blue?

Is there any information in the c:\Program Files\Kaseya\KasError.log?

When you scroll over the agent in your taskbar, what does it say?

Finally, have you tried pointing your agent to another KServer?  If you like you can use mine.  Ping me off-line and I'll send you the URL for my server.

max.pruger@kaseya.com

• Ok.

1.) My agent is grey (as in offline)

2.) Here is the most obvious error message in the kasError log - '20101215 16:40:06', 'Agent offline - KServer is not responding'

3.) When I scroll over the agent it usually starts off saying, "First time attempting to connect to Kserver..." Or something like that. Unfortunately I restarted my computer and I cannot see the icon anymore. But usually after that first message I see Kserver is not responding.

4.) I can try doing that.

• Ok, if you want to ping me off-line we can send your agent to my server.  If it logs in then the problem is with the server.  If it doesn't the problem is with your network, agent or computer.

• Do you have another computer in the same network that does checkin? If not could you move it to a network where other agents are able to talk to the kserver?

Also I have found that some AV's with built in Firewall in some rare occasions will block the agent from talking to the server but allows you to telnet. the easiest way to find out is to just uninstall the AV, just make sure you have everything you need to put it back on.

• Check the KaseyaD.ini on your workstation to make sure the Username and Password are valid.

• Thank you all for your responses. My Agent has finally checked in and was working the last time I checked. Unfortunately, I am not able to troubleshoot this any further today. I will check the KaseyaD.ini. file tomorrow. Thanks!

• Checked my Kaseya.ini file this morning and everything looked great, and my icon finally displays in the system tray again. All is working I think I was doing everything right except just being patient. Thanks all!

• How long did you have to wait?  If I don't see my agent within a couple of minutes I start worrying... at 4 minutes I start dissecting firewalls...

• Yeah, I pretty much have the same thought process. After I installed a new agent by deploying a package it took only a few minutes to see the agent install but it took hours for it to check-in. I'm going to test it again today or Monday and actually time it!

But it took forever, and if you change the icons to a different picture that takes awhile to refresh also.

• The agents should check in immediately.  If it takes more than a couple minutes then there's something on the machine, network or Kaseya that is blocking the connection.

• Interestingly enough, I am have similar problems.  I have several agents over distributed networks that aren't checking in but other agents on other networks that are.  I also have some networks with multiple agents in them and some agents check in and others don't.  I've noticed a lot of check in error logs in the Agent Logs on some other them and others I see no logs at all.  The locations that the agents are at are all managed by my company and have hardware firewalls with exceptions built in.  There is no local firewall running on the PC. The agent checked in when I setup at our main office but once onsite no longer checks in.  I did run out of agent seats on the server but have updated since then.  Since that time, other agents started checking in but others are still not checking in.  Kaseya Support's answer was to update all my agents and the server agent but I am using the same agent on many other machines without an issue.