Kaseya Community

Kaseya kVNC and Apple Remote Desktop / VNC

• Hello all,

Has anyone had any success with getting Kaseya remote control (on Macs) to play nicely with others?

We have some servers which we use Apple Remote Desktop to administer and also the client may use VNC to do day-to-day stuff as well. If we install the KVNC remote control, then it breaks ARD and the other VNC. uninstalling KVNC and rebooting server when done is the only way we have found to get them working again, not very useful!

Cannot give customer a login to our server to allow them to use Kaseya as they only use Macs on several of these sites so cannot use the remote control.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Jerry

Legacy Forum Name: Kaseya kVNC and Apple Remote Desktop / VNC,
    Legacy Posted By Username: JerryPringle
  • I ran into this problem a few weeks ago. There is a workaround, contact Kaseya support and they can send you a script that will force KVNC to listen on an alternate port. If any Kaseya folks out there are reading this, it would sure be nice to make this a default on the Mac KVNC install. Even if ARD isn't being used, Kaseya will conflict with regular remote desktop on a Mac

Legacy Forum Name: Macintosh,
    Legacy Posted By Username: captplanit
  • WOW. Thanks for this. I was about to kill someone at Apple over Apple Remote Desktop. I've been pulling my hair out the past couple of days trying to get ARD working.

Legacy Posted By Username: topdogpc
  • Thank you very much captplanit!

Sorry for the delay. I will contact support now...

Jerry

• Just an update to this.
    The new Mac agent fixes this conflict by changing the VNC port numbers it uses.

Support had us install the newer agent to try and resolve an issue we were having and this is a nice by-product.

Not sure when that is released though.

Jerry

• JerryPringle
    Just an update to this.
    The new Mac agent fixes this conflict by changing the VNC port numbers it uses.

Support had us install the newer agent to try and resolve an issue we were having and this is a nice by-product.

Not sure when that is released though.

Jerry

What is the version number of the "newer" agent? The latest one I'm aware of is 5.1.0.6.

Legacy Posted By Username: willoneal
  • Hello,

FYI - This issue has been addressed in a newer version of the Kaseya Mac Agent. The latest v5.1-based Mac Agent at the time of this writing is v5.1.0.8. Please raise a support request ticket that requests the newer Mac Agent installation files and we will send you the appropriate information from here. Thank you.

Regards,
    Kaseya Support

Legacy Posted By Username: dylan.lagi
  • As of version 6.3, the issue has reemerged, but only in some endpoints in my experience. I could really use a patch or workaround.

• @xreeee - There is a present issue with ARD being disabled with KLC VNC being used in v6.3 - There is a pre-hotfixed fix that we are testing right now. Please make a ticket and reference this forum post so that the inbound ticket handling folks will send it to me and I can get you setup with it. Thx!

[edited by: Dylan M. Lagi at 3:25 PM (GMT -7) on Apr 2, 2013] -
  • Hello All,

FYI - The issue w/ KLC VNC was resolved and noted in this forum thread - community.kaseya.com/.../85800.aspx