Kaseya Community

Mac K-VNC Access, before login

• It would seem as though a limitation of using K-VNC as the remote control method on a Mac disallows our ability to remote control a Mac prior to it actually being logged in - As you can appreciate this is a fairly limiting problem for any computer left alone after a reboot, or more importantly any Mac servers under management.

So, I guess I have 2 possible questions:

1. Does anyone know how to remote control a Mac via Kaseya, prior to the Mac logging in?

2. Does anyone know another utility that can be completely installed via remote SSH Shell, to allow remote control to the login prompt?

Cheers.

Legacy Forum Name: Mac K-VNC Access, before login,
    Legacy Posted By Username: Connected
  • Unfortunately, we have to use Logmein for remote access on OSX for now.

Legacy Forum Name: Macintosh,
    Legacy Posted By Username: far182
  • far182
    Unfortunately, we have to use Logmein for remote access on OSX for now.

Do you or anyone know a way to deploy the Mac Logmein remotely via SSH? - It would seem I actually need physical access to the machine to do so.

PS. To Kaseya; This will need to be resolved, it probably doesn't help us using a competitors product to do what Kaseya should be.

Legacy Posted By Username: Connected
  • You can definitely do this with the newest version of the Mac Agent for Kaseya. In fact, I believe this one of the bigger items they have been working on.

Legacy Posted By Username: MGray
  • MGray
    You can definitely do this with the newest version of the Mac Agent for Kaseya. In fact, I believe this one of the bigger items they have been working on.

Where is this agent? Doesn't work here on brand new MBP 17' of just two weeks.

Legacy Posted By Username: far182
  • We are on a beta agent on the Mac client, but I am guessing you can contact Kaseya Support for the agent.

Legacy Posted By Username: MGray
  • What version is the beta Mac K agent you are testing? Just tried updating to 5.1.0.8 but still unable to remote control until someone logs in first.

Legacy Posted By Username: neteffect