Kaseya Community

About This Mac

• Hi,

Does anyone have any success stories about pulling info from "about this mac"? I'm trying to get a hardware and software inventory from the machine, but not quite sure where to start. I see some crude examples of exporting individual pieces then importing back from a text file, but I was wondering if there was a complete way of doing this.

Thanks!

Legacy Forum Name: About This Mac,
    Legacy Posted By Username: daveswift
  • We've been using the 5.1.0.6 version of the mac agent and it seems to pull system information info much more reliably although I don't think there's a way to pull some of the more detailed hardware info other than dumping to text file and running a get file script.

Legacy Forum Name: Macintosh,
    Legacy Posted By Username: captplanit
  • About this Mac uses the the system_profiler command.

You can write to txt or xml with this. Obviously, this is similar to what you were already mentioning, but you can open the XML's in your System Profiler.

I'm on 5.1.06 as well and the system info is more than enough at this point.

Legacy Posted By Username: MGray
  • Ben Lavalley's Mac Scripts do this for you. Search this forum for more info, he's been a great help.

Legacy Posted By Username: willoneal
  • How are you guys getting agent version 5.1.0.6? I just installed my first test Mac and see it listed as 5.1.0.0. Thanks

Legacy Posted By Username: kcears
  • kcears
    How are you guys getting agent version 5.1.0.6? I just installed my first test Mac and see it listed as 5.1.0.0. Thanks

Go to Agent -> Update Agent.

That will get the latest version out for you.

Will

• willoneal
    Go to Agent -> Update Agent.

That will get the latest version out for you.

Will

Thanks, I should have mentioned I tried that already and it still says 5.1.0.0. Anything else I need to do to force the Kserver to get the latest agent so that it can push it out? If not I'll just open a ticket with support. Thanks again.

Legacy Posted By Username: kcears
  • kcears
    Thanks, I should have mentioned I tried that already and it still says 5.1.0.0. Anything else I need to do to force the Kserver to get the latest agent so that it can push it out? If not I'll just open a ticket with support. Thanks again.

none that I can think of. I had the same issue, but the 2nd time I did it it worked. I don't know what changed between my tries, but it eventually worked.