Kaseya Community

User login status.

• I'd like to suggest adding the follow to the agent current user. With more people working from home I have users that RDP into their desktops, The problem is Kaseya does not show that a user is logged in. 

But when you run the quser command on the system we see that a user is logged into the system.

I would be nice is this user was listed as the current user. A side from accidentally rebooting a system when a user was using it, software management also does not recognize that a user is logged in and will also reboot after installing patches even when you have Ask user about reboot and offer to delay (reask every 5 minutes); do not reboot until get response selected.

with more people working remotely just thought I'd put this on your radar..

• An excellent suggestion

• The request was given to Kaseya before, together with the hint for using quser as an idea to get the required information. Support said this is known, but they cannot implement it in their agent.

Just yesterday I created a small Posh script to count logged in users (for German version of Windows):

$rdpuserlist = quser 2>&1

$rdpusercsv = $rdpuserlist | ForEach-Object -Process { $_ -replace '\s{2,}',',' }

$rdpusers = $rdpusercsv | ConvertFrom-Csv

$usercount = ($rdpusers.BENUTZERNAME).count

The variable usercount contains the number of logged in users, but the variable rdpusers contains also all logged in users (if you query a RDP server or a machine with a logged in local user and a logged in RDP user this can be useful). (Using $rdpusers.count did only work for the RDP server, not for client PCs.) Tested in the LiveConnect powershell environment.

I simply don't understand why Kaseya cannot implement this kind of query into their agent.

Best greetings from Germany

Olaf

• This feature already exists:

helpdesk.kaseya.com/.../229011388-Adding-the-remote-tag-for-KaUsrtsk-exe-on-Windows-Agents

• THIS!

Kaseya should get it's info from quser.

• @JFalqui: Thanks, this seems indeed to work.

• Olaf thank you for the script, that is a great idea. I was using a script to detect and logoff disconnected sessions older than 24 hours, but had mixed results when the procedure ran.

JFalgui, that is good information but doesn't appear to be the answer I am looking for. The icon showing the system tray is not that important in this instance. This is a single user RDP into a single workstation not a terminal server. I need the Kaseya server display and the Software Management module see the user and act accordingly.

Here is the quser of a user logged into their desktop using RDP.

Kaseya shows the the system with no user logged in, but there is as shown above.

Kaseya should show the user status that the users is logged in.

• It does show the user status in the Kaseya management console (I was surprised too). The user sees the agent icon, the server sees the logged on user account (icon shown also in blue, therefore no visible difference if the user is connected locally or remotely).

typo corrected, tag added
    [edited by: olaf.e at 1:52 PM (GMT -7) on Sep 17, 2020]
  • Excellent, thank you.

• i'm glad it helped.Kaseya has a lot of hidden features. Although I have been using it for several years, I always discover something new.

BTW

i have a script to enable the "-remote" feature. Just let me know if you need it.

• Kaseya actually shows the logged in user name as whoever is running the first launched instance of kausrtsk.exe.

This is (partly) what kausrtsk.exe is for.

• Not over RDP, Craig, unless you have the option "-remote" activated.

• Thanks for posting that!    It totally works!

I just tested on a few machines - made the registry mod, rebooted and then RDP'd into the machines and it now shows me as the Current User in Kaseya console!

This is incredibly helpful!

• I would love to get that script.  I was just going to start one and you would save me a bunch of time.

• Here you are:

This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.

<ScriptExport xmlns:xsi="www.w3.org/.../XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="www.w3.org/.../XMLSchema" xmlns="www.kaseya.com/.../Scripting">

<Procedure name="RDP_Kaseya" treePres="3" id="1767875790" folderId="667824781531386" treeFullPath="myProcedures - g.falqui.Disinstallazione Applicazioni">

<Body description="****************************************************** This script enables the functionality of seeing the logged in user over an rdp session. ****************************************************** Giuseppe Falqui - T-Consulting ">

<Statement name="Execute Shell Command - Get Results to Variable" continueOnFail="false">

<Parameter xsi:type="StringParameter" name="Parameter1" value="dir "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kaseya" /b"/>

<Parameter xsi:type="StringParameter" name="Parameter2" value="False"/>

<Parameter xsi:type="StringParameter" name="Parameter3" value="System"/>

</Statement>

<Statement name="GetVariable" continueOnFail="false">

<Parameter xsi:type="EnumParameter" name="VariableType" value="RegistryValue"/>

<Parameter xsi:type="StringParameter" name="SourceContent" value="HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\KASH#global:cmdresults#"/>

<Parameter xsi:type="StringParameter" name="VariableName" value="value"/>

</Statement>

<Statement name="SetRegistryValue" continueOnFail="false">

<Parameter xsi:type="StringParameter" name="RegistryPath" value="HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\KASH#global:cmdresults#"/>

<Parameter xsi:type="StringParameter" name="Value" value="#value# -remote"/>

<Parameter xsi:type="EnumParameter" name="DataType" value="String"/>

</Statement>

<Statement name="GetVariable" continueOnFail="false">

<Parameter xsi:type="EnumParameter" name="VariableType" value="RegistryValue"/>

<Parameter xsi:type="StringParameter" name="SourceContent" value="HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\KASH#global:cmdresults#"/>

<Parameter xsi:type="StringParameter" name="VariableName" value="newvalue"/>

</Statement>

<Statement name="WriteScriptLogEntry" continueOnFail="false">

<Parameter xsi:type="StringParameter" name="Comment" value="Key changed: #newvalue#"/>

</Statement>

<Statement name="WriteScriptLogEntry" continueOnFail="false">

<Parameter xsi:type="StringParameter" name="Comment" value="Reboot required"/>

</Statement>

</Body>

</Procedure>

</ScriptExport>