Kaseya Community

Kaseya Agent compatibility with MacOS Mojave

This question is answered

Has anyone noticed any connection issues with the Kaseya agent on Macbooks with OS Mojave installed? Users on previous MacOS versions have no issues with the agent connecting and checking in.

Verified Answer
  • We have several dozen Mojave machines running the agent with no problem. Do NOT upgrade to Catalina though; Kaseya is still months away from Catalina compatibility.

Offhand, I'd suspect network issues like you have, or permissions issues. Check accessibility permissions, etc.

Can you ping the VSA server from the Mac?

When you did the uninstall, did you use the actual Kaseya Agent Mac uninstaller?

helpdesk.kaseya.com/.../229037108-Manually-Uninstall-the-Kaseya-Agent-from-Macs-

All Replies
  • Can you elaborate? Are they not even checking in to server at all?

We had an issue with some Mojave clients that showed green/yellow in console, but LiveConnect wouldn't connect at all. We opened a ticket with Kaseya support and they gave us a script to run that fixed the issue.

• Eric,

Thank you for the response! The Macbook will be online and connected to the internet but still show offline in Kaseya. I tested on different networks to see if it was a network issue and still wouldn't check in. Uninstalled Kaseya agent completely and reinstalled but still the same issue. I'm trying to see where the disconnect is and if it's an issue with compatibility with MacOS Mojave or if there is another underlying issue.

• We have several dozen Mojave machines running the agent with no problem. Do NOT upgrade to Catalina though; Kaseya is still months away from Catalina compatibility.

Offhand, I'd suspect network issues like you have, or permissions issues. Check accessibility permissions, etc.

Can you ping the VSA server from the Mac?

When you did the uninstall, did you use the actual Kaseya Agent Mac uninstaller?

helpdesk.kaseya.com/.../229037108-Manually-Uninstall-the-Kaseya-Agent-from-Macs-

• Eric,

I will test pinging the VSA server when I get my hands back on it and update you with the result. I did use the actual Kaseya Agent Mac uninstaller.

• Hi Anthonyb,

If you happen to be on the SaaS environment and having this problem don't hesitate open a support ticket and ask for Ryan, I'd be happy to assist.

• Everyone,

I got the Kaseya agent to work on the Mac so we are good to go. Thanks for the help!

• Eric/Ryan,

Thanks for the help, got the Kaseya agent to work on the Mac now.

• cool. what was the problem/solution?