Kaseya Community

Agent Version View filter for 9.0.5.10

• Hi All,

Hope my post does not get stuck in moderator jail, I just got an interesting one and thought I would check with you guys that are on Agent Version 9.5.0.10.

To create a view filter for this agent version you need to replace all the dots with zeros like so 90500010 however this does not work, however if I filter for one version back 9050009 the filter works as expected.

Also when I enumerate the Agent Version Database view #vAgentConfiguration.agentVersion# I get the value of 9050010 which translates to 9.5.010 and also does not work in the view filter.

I believe this is a bug that requires a support ticket, let me know if got it wrong.

Thanks

HK

typo
    [edited by: HardKnoX at 5:29 PM (GMT -8) on Mar 7, 2019]
  • The view filter works for me if I use 9050010 (or even more easily 905001). I can find any agent older than the current agent by using 0905000.

• Hi HK, welcome back?

9050010 is working fine for me in a view I just created. I think you've maybe misinterpreted the admittedly odd numbering scheme: 9050010 'translates' to 09.05.00.10 - they drop the leading zeros to get 9.5.0.10.

• Hi Combo,

Thanks I have been back for some time just very busy :)

Have they changed the way the agent version translate since this KB article then?

helpdesk.kaseya.com/.../229033828-How-can-I-filter-on-agents-that-need-to-be-updated-old-agent-versions-

What is really funny after futzing around with it I now have two identical filters with the same value

< 9050010

The new one I made now suddenly works and original one does not. ;D

I call shenanigans!

• yes and I checked the spaces :)

typo
    [edited by: HardKnoX at 6:28 PM (GMT -8) on Mar 7, 2019]
  • I've not seen that KB article but I had similar issues trying to filter on version numbers a while back and realised the numbering isn't as logical as it might appear.

• here is what I am using for a filter that works (with the exception of the lead build number '9') all following markers require the 2 spaces thus 9.05.00.10 = 9050010

• There's a small technical inaccuracy in that article.

Technically, the dots aren't represented by zeros, but every dotted value (after the major number) is formatted as a two-digit zero-padded number. In John's example the 8.0.0.3 => 8000003 is correct - each value becomes two digits padded with leading zeros, but the 6.3.0.19 => 60300019 is not right - it introduces an extra zero, making the last value translate to a 3-digit value.

Given the issue disappeared when creating a new view and two identical views with the same values gave different results, I'd agree with the "shenanigans" diagnosis. :)

G-

• I agree the replacing the zero with dots makes less sense then double digit explanation, hopefully @KaseyaSupport will nix that KB Article or update it with something that makes more sense.

As for the Agent Version gremlins in the Views, I have fixed this by deleting and re-importing the view.

Thanks for the clarification guys!

typo
    [edited by: HardKnoX at 8:06 PM (GMT -7) on Mar 10, 2019]
  • If I doubt how the formatting is, I just hover over an agent check-in icon.

In the pop-screen look for agent version and you can see exactly how it's formatted.