Kaseya Community

Patching Reboot Report

This question is answered

Is there a report that will show me who is currently being NAG'd for a reboot after patches are installed?

changed to a question
[edited by: dswinford at 7:46 AM (GMT -7) on Jun 22, 2015]
Verified Answer
  • dswinford,

You could build a report based on entries in the Agent Procedure log.  When a nag is firing, the AP log will include the nag script.  The script name and the actual message in the log will vary a little depending on which nag option you're using, so you're best off identifying a machine with a nag (or running an install on a test machine configured to nag) to get the exact verbiage. 

Alternatively, if all you want to do is be able to see (but not necessarily formally report on) machines, you can use the View option to show machines pending reboot.  This view will display any machines pending a patch reboot, which could include machines not actively nagging but still needing a patch reboot (such as those configured for "Do Not Reboot").  

All Replies
  • dswinford,

You could build a report based on entries in the Agent Procedure log.  When a nag is firing, the AP log will include the nag script.  The script name and the actual message in the log will vary a little depending on which nag option you're using, so you're best off identifying a machine with a nag (or running an install on a test machine configured to nag) to get the exact verbiage. 

Alternatively, if all you want to do is be able to see (but not necessarily formally report on) machines, you can use the View option to show machines pending reboot.  This view will display any machines pending a patch reboot, which could include machines not actively nagging but still needing a patch reboot (such as those configured for "Do Not Reboot").  

• The view option is perfect! Thank you so much!

Still learning my way around the product

• This does not show Pending reboots for any machines that were patch with Software Management.

• Bingo, that's the new module and views haven't been created for it.

There is a register setting in Windows you could use to query this. But it will take a custom field so you can build a view for it. Unfortunately that means running an Agent Procedure to check the registry setting. It would be a lot more easy if Kaseya would update the same table for Software Management as they do for Patch Management. Unfortunately Software Management is nowhere near mature enough to use....

I can give you the Registry setting to use:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WindowsUpdate\Auto Update\RebootRequired\

There are other keys that also result in Windows needing a reboot and these can be set by software installations. One of them is pending file renames of files in use and the other I know of is a Windows component change that needs a reboot.