Kaseya Community

Cannot access machine via kaseya

• I just installed an agent inside my netowrk and cannot access it via kaseya . I am gettgin the error message

ERROR

IP information not available for media2.crown

This machine is a fresh install and does have sp2 on it. I am wondering whats up with that?

Legacy Forum Name: Cannot access machine via kaseya,
    Legacy Posted By Username: seangoss
  • I kinda fixed it myself . I changed the machine to check into the local IP instead of going out the gateway and coming all the way back. I also saw that for some reason it was joining a machine group it was not supposed to be joining. So , What I did was go to agent and rename . Then I was able to change the agent to chekc into the correct machine group. Hope it stays this way.

Legacy Forum Name: Agents,
    Legacy Posted By Username: seangoss
  • Sean:

Internal machines should point to the internal address of the server. Depending on the router brand, for example Linksys, they have problems routing external addresses internally and end of dropping packets as well.

To make the change stick, use the Check-In Policy under the agent tab. Set the Primary K Server address to the internal address of the server and set the Secondary K Server address to the external server address.

Legacy Posted By Username: jimalves
  • Article Review by Lfacey 11/16/2007

Legacy Posted By Username: lfacey