This is not a question or a discussion, just some useful information should anyone else in the forums experience the issue I am going to describe below. It will hopefully assist in resolving the issues.
Approximately 2 months ago I found that my LAN Watch running on one of my child domains was failing with the following error;User Harvesting processing exception:
System.Xml.XmlException: The 'comment' start tag on line 309 does not
match the end tag of 'encrypted'. Line 345, position 1069. at
System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e) at
System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(String res, String args) at
System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ThrowTagMismatch(NodeData startTag) at
System.Xml.XmlLoader.LoadNode(Boolean skipOverWhitespace) at
System.Xml.XmlLoader.LoadDocSequence(XmlDocument parentDoc) at
System.Xml.XmlLoader.Load(XmlDocument doc, XmlReader reader, Boolean
preserveWhitespace) at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(XmlReader reader)
at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(String filename) at
KAD.Audit.ActiveDirectoryUserCollector.Collect(String dataFile, String
ProcessADUserHarvestingResults.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
After bumping this off Kaseya support I had a good troubleshooting session with one of the Kaseya support guys where we ended up checking the actual user file that is output on the DC where the LAN scan runs. One of the users had additional XML statements within the standard XML file that is output by the Kaseya Agent. These XML entries were from a piece of software that was being trialled for automated password resets and account unlocks and the software inserted XML code into the comments field attribute within AD.
Long Story short, if you suddenly get the error described above when running LAN Scans on your DC's verify that there is no XML code being stored in any of the AD Attributes.
Thanks for this. it is helpful to know about things like that.