Kaseya Community

How to create a report of all client computers and servers by customer

This question is answered

Hi, 

I get how to make an excel sheet of all the computer names for each client as a report.
I also get how to produce a report of every single client, but in alphabetical order, not in client order.

My accountant in the company needs the output to have computer name, whether it is a server or not (operating system would do), and which company.

I have shown him the pie charts with which you can see how many servers and how many computers per company but his program for billing requires all of the computers on one excel sheet for his automation.

How do you produce just one excel sheet so that all the companies appear, and under each company appears each computer with operating system next to it?
Can Kaseya do this?

Thanks for your help
Shaun

Verified Answer
  • Create an Aggregate report and export it to Excel.   Include the fields that you want to see.  Once it is in .xls format, you can sort it any way you want it.   We commonly do this for client meetings, showing them list of systems to figure out what needs to be replaced.

All Replies
  • Have you tried using the ODBC connection in excel and connect it to a suitable view on the system?

• Create an Aggregate report and export it to Excel.   Include the fields that you want to see.  Once it is in .xls format, you can sort it any way you want it.   We commonly do this for client meetings, showing them list of systems to figure out what needs to be replaced.

• Thanks for the thought siax-dan, and I can see what you mean, but the CAmori one is perfect!  Good on you for the idea.  I can see where this is going to be useful in other places.  I have used ODBC connections for databases before.  Thanks again mate,

Shaun

• That is perfect!  I have had a go and shown it to the accountant and just what the doctor (accountant) ordered.  Well done!  Forums can be cool, can't they!

• Is there a way to generate this report for ALL organizations, or am I going to have to create a report for every single one and copy and paste everything myself?