Hide Agent on Windows 7 64 bit

• The previous REG key for hiding the agent from the Windows login does not work on Windows 7 64 bit! Anyone found a new method so the Agent is not shown on the login. This is a stand alone machine not part of a domain obviously.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\SpecialAccounts\UserList\

Kaseya   REG_DWORD 0

• To be honest have not had to deal with a 64bit computer out side a domain environment so that's why I have not run into this problem my self, but thanks for highlighting it :)

Try adding the registry value (the username) as REG_DWORD = 0 to this registry key for 64bit Windows 7 and/or Vista and let me know if it works because I would be keen to update my procedures.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\SpecialAccounts\UserList\

• It does work, but I'm guessing you're using the Kaseya agent to set the registry value?  This doesn't work (at least on Kaseya 2008 - we haven't upgraded to K2 yet) because the agent is a 32 bit app.  In 64 bit Windows environments, registry calls by 32 bit apps are virtualized to the WoW6432Node section.  What HardKnoX posted won't work either, because the Windows process that looks at that key is a 64 bit process and will use the usual location.

Here's how we do it in K2008.  Save the lines between the ----- to a .reg file and upload it to your K server.  This is the file that is referenced in the ELSE section.

Also be aware that when you set this key, that account for all intents and purposes is disabled.  You cannot use it to elevate, you can't log on with it, etc. etc. etc.

----------------------------------------------

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\SpecialAccounts\Userlist]

"YourAgentAccountName"=dword:00000000

--------------------------------------------------

Script Name: Hide Agent Account

Script Description: Hides the agent user account from the Welcome screen.  THEN = 32bit machines, ELSE = 64bit machines.

IF Test Registry Key

Parameter 1 : HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wow6432Node

Absent :

THEN

Set Registry Value - (Continue on Fail)

Parameter 1 : HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\SpecialAccounts\UserList\<youragentaccountname>

Parameter 2 : 0

Parameter 3 : REG_DWORD

OS Type : 1

ELSE

Use Credential

Write File

Parameter 1 : <AgentTemp>\hide-<youragentaccountname>.reg

Parameter 2 : VSASharedFiles\Registry Files\hide-<youragentaccountname>.reg

Execute File

Parameter 1 : %windir%\sysnative\reg.exe

Parameter 2 : import <AgentTemp>\hide-<youragentaccountname>.reg

Parameter 3 : 1