Kaseya Community

Kaseya Advanced Reports

This question is answered

Hi Guys,

Bit of an advanced Kaseya question hence why i am posting here.

I am looking to make some reports in reporting services as the ones in kaseya are lacking. Firstly is there any way i can see/edit the reports currently in the reports section of kaseya and either publish my own or use them in reporting services.

The Second part I am trying to achieve is specifically a report that contains the information displayed in the System -> Licence Manager -> Licences section. I can see most of the data is pulled from the vdb_LicenseMachGroups and a few others but is there any quick way I can see which views/tables are referenced quickly without having to go through all the views myself until i figure out how kaseya works?

If either of these questions can be answered I would greatly appreciate it.

If anyone has any cool Reporting services reports they are willing to share please help me out as im starting but keen on getting this sorted.

Verified Answer
  • I have, but beware - updates will overwrite your changes if you save them to the same spot in kaseya. If you are using K2, then you can use Microsoft SQL Server Business Intelligence Development Studio to open the RDL files. You will need to be able to connect to your SQL server also. You can find the RDL files here: <install-location>:\Kaseya\xml\Reporting\RDL. On My system they are organized by 2005 or 2008 (version of SQL Server) and then under each of these folders is the reporting section (ie: Audit, Logs, Monitoring, etc) and then there are RDL files in each of these.

If anyone knows how to add custom RDL reports to Info Center - please share! I'd love to be able to access my reports from there.

All Replies
  • Hi,

take a look at this: www.brightgauge.com/.../kaseya

Richard

• Hi Richard,

Your reports look nice but I imagine ill have the same issue as Kaseya reports that when I am wanting to do some minor tweaks it could prove difficult.

Also is there a way to see the current kaseya reports and import them into reporting services or to add my own to kaseya? I am very keen on this if someone from kaseya could advise i would appreciate it.

• your best bet it do them yourself in Reporting services the database is ok to find stuff and it means you can pretty much make up what you want.

What reports are you looking for exactly? or is it more a general frustration

• Hi mmartin,

Yea i am wanting to make some in reporting services but the ones i have played with are looking very basic and not presentable. I understand they take time and am willing to put in the time but am wondering if someone has either some pointers or demos I can start off.

Also to repeat can i copy the ones out of kaseya and tweak them?

• I have, but beware - updates will overwrite your changes if you save them to the same spot in kaseya. If you are using K2, then you can use Microsoft SQL Server Business Intelligence Development Studio to open the RDL files. You will need to be able to connect to your SQL server also. You can find the RDL files here: <install-location>:\Kaseya\xml\Reporting\RDL. On My system they are organized by 2005 or 2008 (version of SQL Server) and then under each of these folders is the reporting section (ie: Audit, Logs, Monitoring, etc) and then there are RDL files in each of these.

If anyone knows how to add custom RDL reports to Info Center - please share! I'd love to be able to access my reports from there.

• Hi shankwc,

Thank you for your help. Ill continue to play from there.