Kaseya Community

Creating a view for agents with KES/KAV only installed

This question is not answered

HI folks,

I'm wanting to create a view to show only agents with KAV or KES installed, with the idea to use this not only for agent management but also reports.

I can easily identify agents with, for example, the avgwdsvc.exe (KES) or avp.exe (KAV) present on them but these will also show up for machines with non-Kaseya AVG & Kaspersky on them. 

Any suggestions on how I can create such a view to only show the KES & KAV machines and at the same time? I'd rather have a single view handle this rather than one view for KES and one for KAV but if that's too difficult then I'll have to work with 2 views.

Thanks

Dean Calvert (Australia)

All Replies
  • I'm interested as well.

• Somthing that I did for a while was to change the name in add/remove KES(yourCompany) or something... run a script and base the filter off of that report... It's pretty high maintenance but it'll get you what you're looking for... I did this for KES and BU-DR so the same should work with KAV and KAM too.

Note: I no longer do this because its pretty time consuming.

• You can create a VIEW with a Contains Application of AVP.EXE for Kaspersky and version string > 9.  For AVG you can use AVGW.EXE and check your version number under the Audit -> Installed application for all the different version.  Unfortunately with this method you have to create a view for each version of the software.

• How about for Kaseya's version of KAM instead of the original MalWareBytes?

• If you create a new view, there's specifc checkboxes just for "Show machines with the following modules installed"  and you can choose KES, Anti-Virus, or Anti-Malware.

Isn't this what you want?

[edited by: Dan at 6:08 AM (GMT -7) on 4-1-2011] f
  • Why don't you just use the built in checkbox's in the View screen?  There are now options that let you select machines with add-ons.

Max

• They have also added a check box in the group view for KAM, KAV,BUDR + are on the way.

• Dope thanks homies!

• For some reason I only have the "KES" checkbox available in that view change screen. Maybe I need to update to KAM 1.1 before seeing it?

• Ok I just learned that KAM 1.1 isn't released. So why don't I have tthe checkbox for Anti-Malware?

• What version of K2 do you have?  (System -> Configure)

I'm running 6.1.0.4

[edited by: Dan at 11:45 AM (GMT -7) on 4-1-2011] d
  • Whhhaat mine is 6.1.0.0 . When I click "Check  For Update" and "Get Latest Hotfix", nothing happens.

• Scroll down to "Kserver version" at the bottom

• Oh yeah you're right. 6.1.0.4

• This is very intresting to me to.

I am using KServer Version:   6.1.0.4

and I only have the Anti-Virus checkbox in the view configure options even though I have KES installed aswell.

Any Ideas?