Kaseya Community

KDSU - Can I create a google chrome profile?

This question is answered

Hello,

I've been trying to create a Software deployment profile which will push out Google Chrome and update it.

I believe it is possible as I see quite a few version of Chrome available in the master catalog. When I go to create the profile however Google Chrome is not an option. I must be missing something.

Can this be done?

Thank you,

Adan Pachon Mueller

Verified Answer
  • adanpm,

I see Google Chrome as available in our Catalog. I find it under Software Deployment - Configure- Catalog - Master Catalog - ninite - Web Browsers- Chrome.

If you dont see this I would suggest right clicking on Master Catalog and select Refresh available software.

• Hey James,

I do see Google Chrome available in the master catalog, if i wanted to push it out manually by software title, i could do so. I wanted to see if I can create a profile which would scan, deploy and update the google chrome software. I dont see the install as an option when I try to create a profile, that is the issue.

Adan

• Actually, it is now showing up. The only change I made was I tried to add Java 8 from the master catalog and now both show up. Well, thanks anyways.

All Replies
  • adanpm,

I see Google Chrome as available in our Catalog. I find it under Software Deployment - Configure- Catalog - Master Catalog - ninite - Web Browsers- Chrome.

If you dont see this I would suggest right clicking on Master Catalog and select Refresh available software.

• Hey James,

I do see Google Chrome available in the master catalog, if i wanted to push it out manually by software title, i could do so. I wanted to see if I can create a profile which would scan, deploy and update the google chrome software. I dont see the install as an option when I try to create a profile, that is the issue.

Adan

• Actually, it is now showing up. The only change I made was I tried to add Java 8 from the master catalog and now both show up. Well, thanks anyways.