Kaseya Community

End User Portal and pre-approved applications

This question is answered

Hi,

I'm trying to setup an End User Portal where the users can select and install applications as per "Software Deployment Tip#4 User Self Service" but I cant find where to start? Can someone point me in the right direction?

Link to Tip#4

http://www.kaseya.com/resources/white-papers/software-deployment-tip-4-user-self-service

Thanks in advance!

Andreas

Verified Answer
  • You will need to create the Agent Procedures which will download/execute the installer of the software you wish to deploy.

Then you list these Agent Procedures on the System >Customize > Live Connect and arrange the Home Pages based on the End User's Role.

Example: You list Oil Industry Apps for Engineers with the User Role - Oil Engineer, but list the accounting apps for only those who have the User Role - Accountant

Then associate each home page to the specified user role or machine role.

Now when a end user logs into the "portal" they will see this custom page on their Live Connect and will be able to deploy the Agent Procedures that you've created / assigned.

All Replies
  • You will need to create the Agent Procedures which will download/execute the installer of the software you wish to deploy.

Then you list these Agent Procedures on the System >Customize > Live Connect and arrange the Home Pages based on the End User's Role.

Example: You list Oil Industry Apps for Engineers with the User Role - Oil Engineer, but list the accounting apps for only those who have the User Role - Accountant

Then associate each home page to the specified user role or machine role.

Now when a end user logs into the "portal" they will see this custom page on their Live Connect and will be able to deploy the Agent Procedures that you've created / assigned.

• This did the trick but is this really whats called "End User Portal"? I thought of something a bit more graphical appealing... Are there any API:s to the Agent Procedures?