Kaseya Community

Software Update versus Install

This question is answered

We are fairly new to Kasyea and have been slowly implementing each piece.  We love the KSDU, especially with the integration with NiNite.  Our question is how do you set a profile/policy to install updates only if the software is already installed on the computer?  Not every computer in our organization has nor needs Adobe Reader.  How do I tell the the profile/policy to only update the machine if the installed software is not the latest and greatest, but not to install the software it it doesn't exist?

Verified Answer
  • Michael Davis
    How do I tell the the profile/policy to only update the machine if the installed software is not the latest and greatest, but not to install the software it it doesn't exist?

This feature is included in the next release of KSDU v1.1 which will be released at the same time as VSA v6.3.

All Replies
  • Michael Davis
    How do I tell the the profile/policy to only update the machine if the installed software is not the latest and greatest, but not to install the software it it doesn't exist?

This feature is included in the next release of KSDU v1.1 which will be released at the same time as VSA v6.3.

• When is VSA v6.3 expected release date?

• Michael Davis
    When is VSA v6.3 expected release date?

You can refer to the Kaseya Roadmap and related Release Announcements for an update.

http://community.kaseya.com/p/roadmap.aspx

• Can anyone tell me if we got on the controlled release of 6.3, is the 1.1 module then available for testing and usage.

Desperate for the update only option and need to get it in place asap...

• Until 1.1 is released, I've been able to use the Ninite command line parameters within Kaseya's KSDU as a workaround.

For example (in Kaseya): Select the installer for the application you want from your catalog and click Edit Installer. You'll see a section titled "Command Line Arguments". Enter "/updateonly" (without quotes). Then, save the installer. This will now only update that application, instead of installing. There's also a bunch of other command line commands you can use: ninite.com/.../switches.html