Kaseya Community

Why does KSDU repeatedly download these files and is there a way to cache/bypass?

This question is not answered

We are using KSDU for all machines. It works very well, although I have made some changes.

The best change was to redirect requests for the exe files to cloud storage to preserve our bandwidth. Can share this method if anyone wants it, although it does involve changing your IIS config.

It appears the NiniteOne.exe and ksduscan.exe files are downloaded each time a machine tries to update, is this normal? Does anyone know where these files should be, so that I can deploy these files once per network, and not every time we do an install.

Thanks,

Dan

All Replies
  • Hi Siax-dan,

I would be Interested to know how you configured the storage location to the cloud, here's a link to my post asking about the same thing.

http://community.kaseya.com/xsp/f/28/p/15038/73935.aspx#73935

[edited by: ashwincs at 3:24 PM (GMT -7) on 6-14-2012] added additional info
  • siax-dan
    The best change was to redirect requests for the exe files to cloud storage to preserve our bandwidth.

Just curious, why not use the File Source feature?

siax-dan
    It appears the NiniteOne.exe and ksduscan.exe files are downloaded each time a machine tries to update, is this normal?

The files should only get re-downloaded if they have changed (i.e. there is an updated version).  If you are finding that they get downloaded even if the files are unchanged, please open a ticket.  Thanks.

• ashwincs - I'll put up a post for anyone wanting this info in the next few days.

Kevin - We are, but we only have 1mb upstream link which is saturated with something as simple as a Flash update. Getting the initial files out to the file sources was our problem. After a week using my hack this has settled down, and I might move this back once our agents match the software policy.

Dan

• For those interested in setting up a redirect so that the large files are downloaded from an external url, here is the section of my Web.config.

Setup a sync to your external host, to sync the exe files from your %KASEYA_PATH%\WebPages\ManagedFiles\VSAHiddenFiles\KSDU

Use the config section below to perform the actual redirect, substituting the "Redirect" url to your own.

Change it at your own risk, test first. Note this is only a subset of the actual Web.config, you will need to figure out where it goes. Getting this wrong can cause your webserver to crash!

<configuration>

<system.webServer>

<rewrite>

<rules>

<rule name="KSDU Bandwith redirect" patternSyntax="ECMAScript" stopProcessing="true">

<match url="^(.*)$" ignoreCase="false" />

<conditions trackAllCaptures="true">

<add input="{URL}" pattern="^(.*)ManagedFiles/VSAHiddenFiles/KSDU/1/(.*).exe$" ignoreCase="false" />

</conditions>

<action type="Redirect" url="myfastrackspaceserver.com/.../& logRewrittenUrl="true" />

</rule>

</rules>

</rewrite>

</system.webServer>

</configuration>

Very rewarding getting this working if you have a slow connection for your environment.

Dan