Kaseya Community

Master Catalog default?

This question is answered

I have just installed and started looking at the software deployment, and want to know if there was a way of resetting the Master Catalog to default?

I have made 2 mistakes.

1st Click ignore without realising there is no option to undo it.

2nd Created a folder and moved a install into there since have figured it is the wrong way of doing things now that installer is not part of the Master Catalog and cannot be moved back the same way i moved it in the 1st place.

I can't seem to see any obvious settings to fix my issues.

Thanks

[edited by: Fisheye at 5:34 PM (GMT -8) on 2-8-2012] I have just installed and started looking at the software deployment, and want to know if there was a way of resetting the Master Catalog to default? I have made 2 mistakes. 1st Click ignore without realising there is no option to undo it. 2nd Created a folder and moved a install into there since have figured it is the wrong way of doing things now that installer is not part of the Master Catalog and cannot be moved back the same way i moved it in the 1st place. I can't seem to see any obvious settings to fix my issues. Thanks
Verified Answer
  • I can answer for your first issue, under Configure -> Application Settings, edit on the General Settings tab and select "Show Ignored Cabinet in Master Catalog". Once this is set and saved, you can go back to the Catalog and expand the Ignored cabinet, then right click on the software to restore.

I had the same issue with moving something to the Software Catalog and then deleting it, and it not showing up in the Master Catalog in the right-side frame. I found that if you click on the "Add Master Catalog Installer" at the top of the screen, you can see the apps that you had previously deleted sometimes.

I hope both of these help.

All Replies
  • I can answer for your first issue, under Configure -> Application Settings, edit on the General Settings tab and select "Show Ignored Cabinet in Master Catalog". Once this is set and saved, you can go back to the Catalog and expand the Ignored cabinet, then right click on the software to restore.

I had the same issue with moving something to the Software Catalog and then deleting it, and it not showing up in the Master Catalog in the right-side frame. I found that if you click on the "Add Master Catalog Installer" at the top of the screen, you can see the apps that you had previously deleted sometimes.

I hope both of these help.

• Thanks That worked.

2nd issue i had to delete the file from the folder i created then it automatically showed up again without me needing to do anything.

Thanks for the help.