Kaseya Community

Group Police to setup User Redirection folder on a server

• Anyone aware if there is a pre-done Group Police to setup User Redirection folder on a server?
    I would like to store all my workstations users documents and email on a network drive. Don't know how to do it, but if I can see an example I can adjust my needs.

Thank you for ideas

E.

• My company used to use one to redirect the Desktop, My Documents, Favorites, Videos, Pictures and Music folders to D:\Data\[Username] in a GPO on Win7.  I don't believe there is a pre-made one but I can give you the GPO settings we had in place.

Computer Configuration

Policies\Windows Settings\Security Settings\File System\D:\Data - Owner Permissions set to allow for creator owner (subfolders and files only), nt authority\system, builtin\administrator (this folder, subfolder and files for both), and  bulitin\users (this folder only)

Preferences\Windows Settings\Security Settings\File System\D:\Data\Data (Order: 1) - General Read only, hidden disabled, archve enabled.  Common No for all 3.

User Configuration

Policies\Windows Settings\Folder Redirection\Desktop - Setting: Basic (Redirect everyone's folder to the same location) Path: D:\Data\%USERNAME%\Desktop

Options Grant user exclusive rights to Desktop Enabled

Options Move the contents of Desktop to the new location Enabled

Options Also apply redirection policy to Windows 2000, Windows 2000 server, Windows XP, and Windows Server 2003 operating systems Disabled

Options Policy Removal Behavior Leave contents

Options Configuration Control Group Policy

Options Primary Computer Evaluation Not evaluated because primary computer policy is not enabled

Repeat for the other folders, you just have to change the D:\Data to the folder you're redirecting to on the server.  I want to say I ran across a Microsoft KB that detailed how to do this when I originally was looking up this information.

• Thank you Trevor.

I follow your step by step. (Very good actually) and setup on the server and now looks like I need to wait to reboot the server to it take effect. I can't reboot right now. At evening only.

tomorrow we will see.

Thank you for taking time to do it.

So I'm assuming it always need to be done at the server machine, not via Kaseya script.

I will be back  here tomorrow or Monday, to tell if it works.

E.

• If it's applied by GPO then no it's not needed through Kaseya.  I have not attempted making these kinds of changes through Kaseya yet.