Kaseya Community

Exclude agent from policy? Exclude specific monitor from applied monitor set?

• Hello all,

Please have a look at the below scenarios.  Does anyone know a way to accomplish any of these?

Scenario 1:  ‘*All’ disks are being monitored globally, via policy, for low disk space on all servers.  How can I exclude low disk space monitoring for drive M on one specific server?

Scenario 2:  ‘MSSQL*’ is monitored globally, via policy, on all servers.  How can I exclude one specific server from monitoring the MSSQLEXPRESS service?

Scenario 3:  The ‘spooler’ service is being monitored globally, via policy, as part of a larger monitor set.  How do I exclude one specific server from monitoring the ‘spooler’ service?

Scenario 4:  CPU usage is being monitored globally, via policy, on all servers.  I understand that I can clear this monitor via the ‘manual override’ method, however, this method of control is difficult to keep track of and has too much risk of being undone.  I want to exclude this at the machine policy level.  How can I do that?

Thank you for any help!

Arthur

• Hi  

For most of the scenarios, excluding specific services when using wildcards (* or *ALL) and excluding "one machine" from a global policy is not currently part of the product, but could possibly be built out with procedures, etc.

However, I have seen that the MSPAssist plugin does provide most of this type of functionality you are looking for.

Below is a thread which discusses this same topic:

http://community.kaseya.com/xsp/f/29/p/17393/96943.aspx#96943

from mspassist, tends to frequent the forums - below is the direct website:

http://mspassist.com/

Perhaps, others can chime in if there is any other way natively in the product to achieve this without restructuring your build out.

• Question:

I have a global policy for alerts applied. We have a SLA that dose not include monitoring of offline agents, I I make a policy for this SLA and applie it the the Org/Machine Group of the clients under this contract, will it over write the global alerts settings?

- Sean Donohue

• Yes, as long as you apply it at a 'lower' level in the hierarchy.  If your global policy is applied at the 'Global Org' level and your SLA policy is applied at the Org/Machine Group level, then the settings (if in conflict) at the Org/Machine group level will be used.  If there are settings which you apply at the global level which are not set at the group level, then those specific global settings will still apply.

• Awsome thank you!