Kaseya Community

Policy Management : New Workstations

• Maybe someone has this figured this out yet.

So what i want to do is this..

Create a software policy that will install software on a new agent, the FIRST time it checks into Kaseya.

I have all of this software installs setup in Software deployment and I want to apply them to a new machine the very first time it checks in..

what is the best way to do this.

• The fastest and easiest way to schedule/run one-off procedures that I know of is still via agent templates as the last time I checked Policy Management still had an issue with executing scheduled one-off agent procedures as it executes them the following day at the specified time instead of immediately.

I would suggest that you make a script that checks if the target machine is a workstation and then check if each application is installed or not and then to schedule install the missing applications and run it against your agent template. Link the agent template to the Agent Install package and you should be set.

You will also need to make sure that the new agent has the correct agent credentials before it executes the installs, this can easily done via Policy Management or Agent Templates and would work best if the target computer was joined to a domain before installing the agent.