Kaseya Community

Adding monitor set with action to run procedure: how to run on this machine?

This question is answered

I have a new policy that will apply a monitoring set.

If the set is triggered, I want the action to be running an agent procedure.

When I select my procedure it wants me to choose which machine to run the procedure against.  I want to choose some sort of 'this computer' option, but it seems I can only search the listing of agents I have installed.

Any idea how to apply this so that it runs on the machine triggering the monitoring set?

Thanks.  I did a quick search, sorry if this has been covered.

-Jamie

Verified Answer
  • Hi  

If you do not select a machine to run the specific procedure against, it will use the machine that the set is applied too.

This also is the same behavior when implemented directly from the monitor module.

Here is an example:

Here is how it applies in the monitor module once the policy is assigned, you will notice the script will execute on the assigned machine:

Best Regards,

Nicolas

All Replies
  • Hi  

If you do not select a machine to run the specific procedure against, it will use the machine that the set is applied too.

This also is the same behavior when implemented directly from the monitor module.

Here is an example:

Here is how it applies in the monitor module once the policy is assigned, you will notice the script will execute on the assigned machine:

Best Regards,

Nicolas

• Hey Nicolas,

Thank you kindly for answering my question!  I appreciate it.  

Have a great day!

Jamie

• Thanks I came here to ask the very same questions.  I would suggest adding that info to the UI somehow, I checked the help files and it had no information either.