Kaseya Community

Send Message to Users through Policy Management

This question is answered

Hi Guys,

We have recently setup Policy Management and now utilize to push out Windows Updates and perform Server Maintenance.

I would like to have it automatically send a message to all workstations prior to the evening maintenance/reboots taking place. 

Using Policy Management though I cannot find any options for Sending Messages to users as you normally do through Remote Control section.

Anyone have any experience with this? I'd rather setup something automated instead of having to manually select all workstations from multiple clients every other Friday.

Cheers,

Glen

Verified Answer
  • tbgamexx.

You can create an Agent Procedure using the sentMessage() step.  From within Policy Management, add this procedure to a policy, schedule it to run at your preferred interval, and assign the policy to the appropriate group/org.

All Replies
  • tbgamexx.

You can create an Agent Procedure using the sentMessage() step.  From within Policy Management, add this procedure to a policy, schedule it to run at your preferred interval, and assign the policy to the appropriate group/org.

• To add to Brande's suggestion - you may also run a pre-procedure prior to patching (available in policy) alerting the user if they are logged in.  

• Thanks Guys - that will work!