Kaseya Community

Policies Best Practices

• Being that this module is a new module there isn't much information on it.

I switched from using agent templates to using policies full time.

My question is what are best pratices every follows.

Do you create a seperate policy for every org and monitoring set? IE. 1 policy that handles Exchange monitoring then another for  BES, etc.

How do you handle the patching for each client through the policies. IE. Credentials and source

I have seen some setups with a bunch of different policies but then kaseya recommends using just 1 or 2 per org.

[edited by: Josh at 11:40 AM (GMT -7) on 10-11-2011] Spell Check
  • I've also moved over to using policies for patching but i dont use Kaseya monitoring.

I setup one policy for every org. which sets the file source and schedule. Then i created a policy that applied to all orgs. this contains the credential, patch profile, and anything else thats common to all orgs.

• yeah I would say as etabush says strip out all the common denominators and make them one policy.

You can assign folders to orgs as well - so you could have a folder and inside have a load of server roles like Exchange / BES / IIS etc and then just drag the Roles folder over to the Org rather than picking each policy and dragging it...