Kaseya Community

Feature Request: Unset / Force negative setting on policy items

• We have a hierarchy of policies, ideally applying different settings by OS, then application installed, as well as some individual site policies for setting patching credentials and patch location. What we'd like to be able to do is override or force unset (or set differently) anything in our site-specific policy. I can't see any way this is possible currently. Is it on the cards to be implemented?
  • What we'd like to be able to do is override or force unset (or set differently) anything in our site-specific policy ..

im sorry but i find your post a bit hard to follow.

If your saying can you have policys with the same option like "file source" but with different settings and have one overide the other in a hierarchy?

Then yes that is part of policy management

• Sorry Michael, I'll try to clarify.

If I am applying a consistent set of, say, alerts to all sites via policy, and I then define a site specific policy which has NO alerts defined (because I want alerting removed on that site), what will actually happen is that no matter which order I define the policies, the alerts are still applied.

I want the option to "negatively set" a policy option.

Hope that makes more sense.

Not waiting for the updated certs before using in your sig I see? ;)

• Right well there isn't that "option"  but you can do what you want  based on the view membership easily and in effect make your own option you could turn on an off.

oh and no im not waiting .. there is radio silence on then changing the font