Kaseya Community

Have we waited long enough?

• Bert Haver (Netherlands)
    I don't see any HFs under the History button

Under System / Configure / Hotfix History, you need to scroll all the way down to the 'policy' section.  If you see a reference to '2370' applied on or after 6-Jul-11, then you have the latest hotfixes (as of today).

• ghettomaster
    I have since discovered the import of the policy resulted in the procedures not having a schedule applied. When I deleted one of the procedures and re-added it with a schedule, the schedule stuck but the procedures that did not have a schedule disappeared. Similarly it recognised it should setup patch management but did not put a schedule in there

Thank you for the feedback.  If you haven't already, please submit a support ticket for these issues so that we can track them through to resolution.

• Dan
    I think an openly posted ChangeLog would be the answer.

System / Configure / Hotfix History is the current solution.  Each of the line-items have a description of what was changed.  Unfortunately, in some cases, the descriptions are too cryptic to be useful for your purposes.  This was the case with the last batch of KPM hotfixes.  We are working on improving our process to make these descriptions more useful going forward.

• @ALL

Just to confirm that the latest hotfixes seemed to have covered a good chunk of ground.  I dont want to try and confirm or deny each issue as I havent extensively tested.  But all of my very basic (and annoying) niggles are now gone.  I would definitely recommend loading it and testing for all now.  But still tread carefully.

• @Kevin - one can only view the hotfix history AFTER the hotfix is applied, no?

We need a changelog of what hotfixes do BEFORE we apply them.

• Unfortunately, in some cases, the descriptions are too cryptic to be useful for your purposes. - well, lets be perfectly honest..in reality its not as much about what the change request states as it is that the process is being followed :o)

In other cases, it actualyl does help us know when some new feature of enhancement has been completed.  For instance I noticed in the hotfix log that the Licensing now accurately picks up the office 2010 keys...that would be nice to actualyl know about since its been broken prior ot this...but since we haven't been officialy told it now works...people won't use the functionality...

• Dan

@Kevin - one can only view the hotfix history AFTER the hotfix is applied, no?

We need a changelog of what hotfixes do BEFORE we apply them.

In a future release, we are considering adding the capability to preview hotfixes.  In the mean time, you might consider running a test KServer in parallel with your production KServer.  The test KServer would give you an ability to preview and evaluate hotfixes.