I am pulling my hair out trying to use KPM to schedule windows updates... It doesn't seem to be working.
Settings also seem to not stick when we go back to edit them.
Also, procedures do not seem to run according the the schedule that was set.
Is it just me, or is KPM really buggy still?
I am having trouble assigning policies to organisations. The signal stays orange indicating that it should be synchronized. A local K-consultant is looking into this for me.
Hope it gets fixed for you guys soon, but be patient. First gen of any product almost always has bugs that need to be fixed.
For any issues that you run into, please make sure that you open a support ticket (if you haven't already) so that we can track the issue and initiate the fix process as appropriate. Thank you.
I too am looking at issues with policies not applying to machines. As per Kevin's suggestion I am going to raise a ticket.
Raised a ticket too!
Being a 1.0.0 version that should not mean that all features should have been intensively tested on several machine? I can't accept the fact that a 1.0.0 software version means it should be buggy.
Raised a ticket as well. Issue has been escalated to "development."
Oh-boy I just installed the Policy Manager module last night and now I read about the bugs.
What's really "funny" about all of this is the fact that module was ready for release and would have initially been charged for...
I had installed it last week, set it up on a client, and spent a day or two this week removing IE9 from a series of systems at their site, thanks to KPM not storing the various settings I had set. Brought this issue up during a training session yesterday, with Ron Lewis (Great guy at kaseya), he was .... upset.... at picturing the damage it could cause.
Haven't read other threads on KPM failing, however, I know Policy management doesn't store which policies to apply / which to not.... Server for Patch Management was lost... a few other settings were lost... and reproducable issues. If I had an hour, I could probably find all settings which weren't retained / saved with the page, however, that's more a QA thing, and I'm not in that role anymore.
If you need to see exactly what I talk about: Create a KPM policy. Add a patch policy to that new KPM policy. Save the KPM policy. Click on the KPM policy, to refresh - you'll see the Patch Policy is now empty. Same with Machine Source for Patch Deployment - path is intact, but source server is missing. Emailed to support already.
tkindreeIf you need to see exactly what I talk about: Create a KPM policy. Add a patch policy to that new KPM policy. Save the KPM policy. Click on the KPM policy, to refresh - you'll see the Patch Policy is now empty. Same with Machine Source for Patch Deployment - path is intact, but source server is missing. Emailed to support already.
Thank you for reporting this. You should find some significant improvements in this area with the KPM hotfixes that were released yesterday. If you still have issues with the latest hotfixes, we will work with you through the Support process to get them resolved.
I had the same problem with patch policies not sticking. That seems to have been resolved, but now I'm finding that the agent credentials don't work. The settings are applied, but the credential test fails. If I enter the same credential manually on the Set Credential page, it works. So this is still not usable for patch management. I opened a ticket on this today.
So how is this module working so far. Has Kaseya issued enough hotfixes to make it a viable module or should I wait a few more months?
OK so I've just downloaded the updates and went in to see if I can get this beast to work. Slight problem, using Chrome I can't edit any of the settings in any of the modules. When I tick the box it opens slightly but there is nothing below, no boxes to tick or options to choose from. I've tried this on two VSA servers and the same problem reoccurs however if I use IE everything works fine - ARRGGHHHHH. It also works OK in Firefox but I REALLY don't want to use either of those browsers.
Anyone else having similar problem?
I am still waiting for a response for a ticket I opened a few days ago. For me Some of the monitor sets are not applying to the machines. Shows my servers are not in compliance. I see GREAT potential once working correctly. I definetely dont feel safe removing my current monitor sets and replacing wiht KPM. I hope this gets resolved SOON. I am ready to go LIVE within couple of weeks with few clients at a time. I dont think it will take months to get this module stable....at least I hope not.
Alistair Curranusing Chrome I can't edit any of the settings
After navigating to KPM, try pressing Ctrl-F5. You can also try emptying the browser cache. I just tried Chrome under Windows XP and Chrome under Mac OS X (both version 12.0.742.112) and did not see a problem.