Kaseya Community

KNM Submitting an agent procedure and / or re-apply policies

• Hi,

Can KNM when it detects a change in service status submit an agent procedure / re-apply policies for a certaine machine ?

if so, how can this be achieved ?

rgds 

• Hi  

KNM can create a ticket in Service Desk, from Service Desk you can call an Agent Procedure.

Let me know if you are interested and need help with that.

• Hi Nicolas,

long time, no hear.....some problems still not solved but anywhy....

we don't use Service Desk so can't do anything with your answer.....

Best

• Hey  

I have been tracking your ticket, but I do not believe a root cause has been identified to release a fix as of yet.

If you would like to discuss this in detail further, please feel free to send me an email directly.

In regards to Service Desk, you can use it just to run agent procedures from KNM tickets/alarms, which is what I do - as I don't actively use Service Desk.

If you are interested let me know and I can update the thread with the configuration settings.

• Nicolas,

yepp, if you can update the thread with the configuration settings needed just to be able to run agent procedures. Is Service Desk not license based ?!

rgds

• Hi  

Finally circling back to this as I had time over the weekend to complete the documentation.

Check out the steps below and let me know how it works for you:

https://kaseya.zendesk.com/entries/98266618-Can-KNMi-kick-off-Agent-Procedures-

I hope it provides some value.

Edit: To clarify about licensing, I put the required information in the KB article. However, if you need further clarification I would recommend reaching out to your sales rep. If you are unsure of who that is, feel free to send me a PM. 

clarified licensing
    [edited by: Nicolas Ponce at 3:36 PM (GMT -8) on Dec 7, 2015]
  • Hi Nicolas,

OK Thanks for the info and update. Hope I understand the documentation. I don't want to change anything to the actual monitoring we are using for the moment.

1) VSA dashboard for the devices with agents. events are triggering procedures. Other procedures are run on the agnts by setting up Policies.

2) KNM ( agentless devices ) : for the moment we are only using the KNM view in order to check whether a device is in alarm or not. As there are not so many lua scripts integrated and I'm not a lua-scripter nothing else is done.

so I was wondering.....

- suppose I do freespace monitor on my own agent ...submitting agent procedure...

can I do this in KNM and forexample submit the same agent procedure

but without screwing up al the rest because I have some colleages checking Kaseya when I'm out or at client side.

everything else should still work but if I can check additional checkings why not.

for the moment we use both views to check the infrastructure of our clients.

rgds

• forgot to tell :

- licensing is OK 2 license

- serice desk is enabled

rgds

• Hey  

I created a Feature Request for this - I encourage you and all others reading this to like it:

https://kaseya.zendesk.com/entries/98299308-Allow-KNM-to-run-Agent-Procedures

I have also edited the KB article I created to highlight this feature request.

Unfortunately, since I created the FR - I cannot like it myself. Sad

In regards to your question you presented now, I am not 100% sure I understand what you are trying to do?

Can you please help me understand what you mean by this?

- suppose I do freespace monitor on my own agent ...submitting agent procedure...

can I do this in KNM and forexample submit the same agent procedure

but without screwing up al the rest because I have some colleages checking Kaseya when I'm out or at client side.

everything else should still work but if I can check additional checkings why not.

for the moment we use both views to check the infrastructure of our clients.

Please let me know.

• Hi Nicolas,

think my request is clear :

suppose we go back to 6.5 or .... KNM was a standalone product ( not used by us ) so meaning that all freespace monitoring is done by what I call the classic VSA monitoring. Freespace monitor submitting an agent procedure to give an alert in the DASHBOARD.

now that KNM becomes integrated ( at least more or less......) you can monitor your device by KNMi. In the KNMi dashboard however I don't see any freespace column. Can you from KNMi submit the same agent procedure ( being a powershell / vbs ) on an agent-based device without too much of a hazzle.

rgds