Kaseya Community

No VMWare counters listed in Network Monitor

This question is not answered

Hi guys

Im setting up Network Monitor to monitor VMWare hosts.  I've successfully set this up on a few servers, but I've got a few where I'm not getting counters in the "VMWare Performance" monitor type.  I have clicked the Rescan services button but nothing is presented.  I have also run an inspect command on the host - still nothing.

Has anyone else seen this?  Initially Im just trying to get CPU/Memory stats.  Im on Kaseya r8.

Thanks in advance

Dave

All Replies
  • Hi ,

If you are trying to monitor a VMWare ESXi host instance, have you configured the VMWare credentials in KNM on the device?

Usually, when you scan a device in KNM and it returns no results - it is unable to reach the device or using invalid credentials.

Here is how I have this configured in my instance:

Once the credentials have been verified in the ESXi host, you should be able to scan and detect the available interfaces:

Here is how the data appears once I apply a monitor:

If you have not created an account to authenticate with in VMWare, the below article explains the process:

https://helpdesk.kaseya.com/entries/32393593-Creating-a-local-read-only-user-for-VMware-ESXi-CIM-monitoring

Kind Regards,

Nicolas