Kaseya Community

KNM SNMP MIB Upload

This question is answered

I am trying to upload some MIBs to the KNM module but I am having an issue with the uploader. When I try to load the mibcompiler.exe file and click browse, it only wants me to load a .dat file. All the MIB files i get are mib extensions and won't load in this browser/compiler. If i try to force it to load one of these files, it doesn't show any data. I am following the instructions listed on this help page in the user manual: http://help.kaseya.com/WebHelp/EN/KNM/7000000/index.asp#8719.htm when i get to the step 2 under compiling a MIB file the directions stop matching the way the program behaves. The Program asks for .DAT files. I believe I am doing this correctly, but I am not sure if the application is broken or if there is something i am missing. Any help would be great! 

Has anyone uploaded the MIBs successfully on KNM in 7.0? If so what steps are you taking that worked for you?

Verified Answer
  • Hey Matt,

Those instructions are wrong - you need to click the 'compile' button first, and then you will get a window to browse to your .mib file, after which it will prompt you to save it as a .dat file. The 'browse' button is for exploring the tree of an already-compiled .dat file.

I usually save the .dats in a directory somewhere (desktop,) then copy them into the mibs folder, and restart the KNM service for them to take effect.

Cheers,

Kerry

All Replies
  • Hey Matt,

Those instructions are wrong - you need to click the 'compile' button first, and then you will get a window to browse to your .mib file, after which it will prompt you to save it as a .dat file. The 'browse' button is for exploring the tree of an already-compiled .dat file.

I usually save the .dats in a directory somewhere (desktop,) then copy them into the mibs folder, and restart the KNM service for them to take effect.

Cheers,

Kerry

• Thanks a lot Kerry! I greatly appreciate that quick response! Hopefully they update those instructions soon. Your instructions were spot on!

• Nope

V9.3.0.17 and they are still wrong