Kaseya Community

Script to redirect syslog messages of devices to KNM Server

• Hi,

Can someone help me on how to create a script that can redirect the syslog messages of device to log in KNM Server? Is it possible in the scripting of KNM? or In Kaseya Server via Agent Procedure?

• Hi,

Since the configuration of the target SysLog server on a device is device dependent (i.e. Cisco devices are configured differently than SonicWall devices, which are configured differently than HP devices, etc, etc.) I doubt that you will find such a script.  In addition, each of the devices potentially uses a different protocol to configure it (i.e. Cisco can be configured via telnet, while SonicWall has a web based interface, etc...), and different user/password/authentication schemes are used by various devices.   As such, this is usually a manual process that you must perform once on any device (per the device manufacturers documentation) as part of your provisioning/deployment of KNM as your monitoring solution.  

Matt Warburton

Kaseya Professional Services

• Hi Matt,

Thanks for the clarification. So even if the devices are all cisco and with same login credentials, it is not achievable to run a script? It's all manual process?