Kaseya Community

Is offline Monitoring possible?

This question is answered

Hi,

I discovered that the Kaseya agent is logging the values of different monitor sets in the kworking folder.

Now my question, is there a log-file for snmp-sets and service monitoring, too? And can I configure an Agent to keep logging even if it's offline?

The thing is we have some customers who don't want us to have all-time acces to their systems. Now the idea was that we could log everything into seperate files and get a copy of these every now and then. So we can search for events or states, which could harm their systems, in those files.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Verified Answer
  • Just to be clear, this forum is for KNM, which is not the same product as the Monitoring module in VSA. KNM is agent-less and uses a gateway to monitor network devices. The gateway then sends its data back to the server for processing and storing of the monitor statistics. If a device is not reachable, an alarm will be sent depending on how it's configured. If the connection between the gateway and the server is down, then the data is kept at the gateway until the connection is restored and the data could be sent again.

All Replies
  • Just to be clear, this forum is for KNM, which is not the same product as the Monitoring module in VSA. KNM is agent-less and uses a gateway to monitor network devices. The gateway then sends its data back to the server for processing and storing of the monitor statistics. If a device is not reachable, an alarm will be sent depending on how it's configured. If the connection between the gateway and the server is down, then the data is kept at the gateway until the connection is restored and the data could be sent again.

• Andi,  Take a look at this blog post we did a while ago...  virtualadministrator.com/.../troubleshooting-kaseya-k2-monitor-sets  .  Since Monitoring basically uses Windows PerfMon to create the files, in theory it should continue to monitor even if disconnected, but this is just a theory!

You could then take the created CSV files and somehow analyze them.

My bigger question is why doesn't the client want you to proactively monitor their system?  Seems pretty labor intensive to go through these logs.