Kaseya Community

How stop alarms for objects like workstations when they are powered off.

• I am looking for a way to stop alarms for workstations when they are powered off. I use to do this in KNM 4.x with root dependency. I have read a couple of posts for ver 5.0 and use of dependency however don't see a practical way to implement it.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Sam

• Hi Sam,

The dependency function has been improved from 4.1 so that you can now have a dependency set either per device, or you can set it for a group or a gateway and all devices below will inherit the settings. This is good if you have a dependency on a particular router for example, and if it doesn't respond, you don't want the other devices on the same gateway sending alarms.

In your case though, you might want to combine the dependency monitor per device (<Device>->Edit->Advanced->Device dependency settings) with a maintenance schedule. Schedules are difficult to adjust though since not everyone works from 9 to 5 ;)

• Hi Tomas,

I have tried your suggestion and it doesn't seem to accomplish what I am trying to do. Here is an example, we have a workstation for a user who is off for few days so the machine is turned off. I have added the ping for this machine as dependency and that did not help. Furthermore, I deselected active in alert setting for ping check with no help.

There must be a better way to stop alarms for devices like workstations when they are powered off.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thx

Sam