Kaseya Community

KNM Gateway Edition Migration

• Hi all,

I recently had to migrate my KNM Distributed Edition server to another box due to hardware failure in the first box.  This is what I have done so far:

Installed KNM distributed edition, copied over my KNM directory from the previous server, then restarted the KNM service.  This seemed to work fine, but I am having problems with getting the gateways to connect.  I figure this is related to the public key file, so I have tried re-downloading the configuration for the gateways, copying the files to the gateway server again and restarting the gateway, but so far I have not had any success.  Firewall rules have been updated correctly to point to the new server, but I still can't get my gateways to connect.  Any ideas?

• Hi,

A common problem when moving the server is that the local IP address of the KNM server has changed, and the old one will still be in the configuration for distributed testing. Go to "Settings" and "Distributed testing" and then click on "Properties" by "Server information". Change to the current local IP address of the new KNM server.

Regards,

• Thanks Tomas, that was it!  You are the man :)

• Glad to be of service :)

That reminded us to edit the article in the knowledge base to include this setting, so thank you too ;)

community.kaseya.com/.../748.aspx

• Thanks Thomas for sharing that KB, I was looking for it for a long. Last year when I installed my KNM DE at remote network there were lots of issues, contact support but i could not get it working and I ended up aborting it for remote network. I will give it one more shot following that KB. I am excited to see KNM 5.0 post 6.3 updates.