Kaseya Community

KNM iLO monitoring fail on iLO 4

This question is not answered

What ever I try, I can't seem to get the LUA iLO monitoring working on servers that have the new iLO 4 software.

Every time I get the error: "Failed to parse XML.GET_EMBEDDED_HEALTH_DATA tag not part of XML, old ilo firmware, wrong username/password or "No logon account" option not checked in monitor property page ?"

Now I know the used Username and Password is correct, I use them to log in to the iLO itself.

Could it bee that the script just simply is not compatible with the new iLO 4 software?

Used software versions:

Kaseya Network Monitor 4.1 (Build 7809)

HP iLO 4 (Firmware 1.01 - 16-02-2012)

All Replies
  • Hi,

I have seen the same issues with iLO3 also. HP has changed something that makes this script fail as it is now. I need to get access to an iLO 3 or 4 to test it further. I will let you know when I do.

Regards,

• Hello Tomas,

We are also experiencing this problem with iLo 3 and Kaseya Network Monitor 4.1 (Build 7809). Could you please raise a feature request for this one, or has it been fixed in v5?

• Hi,

It has not been fixed for v5 yet, but we are working currently on solving this issue. HP has done something with the web server on the iLO interface that we have not yet been able to figure out what it is. We are working on two parallell tracks at the moment to solve it. Fixing the web server issue (XML) and using SSH instead.

Regards,

• As it is right now, we don't have a fix for KNM 4.1 but in v5, we have a HP Proliant device template that sets up the equivalent monitors using SNMP. The iLO4 card can be queried directly, withing going through the operating system.

• Hi Thomas - does this HP Proliant device template work with iLO3 at all?

• As far as I know, Tomas is no longer working for Kaseya.

(shame, he was good)

The Proliant devicetemplate should work on iLO 3.

iLO 4 will not work on that template.